Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Make us drool, show your Celinder

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by De Teng, Nov 18, 2004.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I'm sure somebody out there has a Celinder...please share pictures and a short description of the bass sound, finish...etc...

I would love to see some pics, for that I have a very little chance to get a Update 5. (Cobalt Thru)

What would be a decent price to pay secondhand?

Peace

2. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Nice to see some appreciation for the danish luthiers... :D

3. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    For Danish people I've got some weakness too.

(girls/women over there > big time weakness! :D)

4. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    :D Yes we got some good women... And Basses.. Morch and Celinder.!

5. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
  6. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Very Nice man!!!.. Nice indeed! You have something GREAT to look forward to..! Celinders are extremely nice instruments. I was torn between a Celinder Jazz Update and my Morch jazz. I chose the Morch. It fitted my needs the best!

7. Pardon me for saying but, . . . . . it's just another Fender copied design. :bag:

8. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    You really think that? :eyebrow: :rolleyes: ... yeah that crossed my mind too.. Of Course, it's a "tuned up" customized jazz-bass.. just like Sadowsky, Lull etc etc...
    Trust me, the difference is there!!! Big time! :bassist:

9. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    No offense, but why does someone always need to point that out? We know it's a super fender or whatever...

10. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

11. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

If you check out the link.. I no longer have the Burgundy Mist one.. The Shoreline Gold and the Creme Vintage 5's are not going anywhere and I'm having 2nd thoughts on the Update 5.. I love these basses... :hyper:

12. I got a used Celinder P-Bass today. I love the contouring and it's a great player (1.5" nut width). I need the pickup to be slightly mellower, so I'm gonna go for a Nordstrand, and I'll get a tort pickguard.

13. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    I think the pickguard on it now looks way cool.

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    me too

15. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
  16. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    It's actually burgundy mist... but it sure is smokin' :) It was a tough decision between that (when it showed up on the bay) and the sadowsky p/j that I got in the end :meh:

17. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Do they come across eBay once in a while or do you have to be very lucky when spotting one.

Fantastic collection.... I'm hoping to get one at least. You own a lot!

18. No offense taken, . . .and I hope my comment wasn't offensive to anyone either. They look like very nice looking basses.

I guess I said that because I see a name of a luthier I've not heard before, and expect to see an interesting design, and I basically see a Fender, . . .even down to the pickguard and knobs plate. If it is a super fender you're after, then this bass does that very well! :)

19. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Ever see a Fender P5 with binding, blocks, and a matching headstock? :smug: Everyone who plays this bass is blown away by it, including me. At a get together at my place this summer, a friend of mine showed up with a Lakland 55-94 and an MTD535, played this Celinder for 5 minutes and was making me offers on it - it sounds THAT good!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. Hey SCT1422... my wife is from N.T.

:D