Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Make your own effects? Why not sell them?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :)

I was looking over the who builds effects thread and I thought this would be a cool idea. If you build effects and people are willing to pay you, custom effects pedals for sale. I know it can be done elsewhere, but I'm wondering what TBers do it. I don't know how this could be done, but if someone was like: I want an autowah with a light fuzz, or something like that, then someone would build it...

... my god, I'm very tired and not making much sense, but you get the jist, right?

2. yeah but there would be alot of hackjobs done by people with no experience and the buyer might not like the result and it would probly cost alot.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    True... alright then...

Do any talkbassers make their own pedals and have a website archiving the results? Pictures/audio clips. I just think that would be really interesting.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    There are a couple members who build pedals. I've been comissioned to build pedals as well as others. Contact them directly for building info.

Unfortunately in an attempt to keep advertising to a minimum, I must close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.