Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Make your own H-bomb?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Jun 3, 2003.

1. I think it could work. But!! you need the stuff to do it.

Being big doesn't help in a fight today, now you need a H Bomb.

2. And you would have to live throught the process.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I think its sick that people are actually encouraging others to build such deadly weapons.

Even if it is BS (I barely even read 2 sentences of the damn thing) its disturbing that they are encouraging people to work with hazardous materials.

Sick

Peace
    Thor

4. Really though. You can't do it.

But it would be pretty funny when the neighbors came over and the wife would say "oh, hun why don't you take the neighbors around back and show them your minimanhattan project?" "sure thing babe, come on fokes, watch the trip wire. We don't want any accidents now do we?"

5. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    If anyone is stupid enough to try this then they deserve to die from radiation poisoning.

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Did you know that gravity has yet to be a proven fact?

7. I recognize one of the guys they said wrote it, Michio Kaku, he's a well known physicist. I guess it could be done, the hard part would be getting the uranium and surviving.

Anyone need a summer project?

8. It just proves how these Harvard nuclear ninja's have too much free time and scare us with their nuclear knowlege. But to answer your question I don't know.

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I built a nuke once...

10. Yeah, a nuclear sandwich.........maybe

11. quote from article:

Making and owning an H-bomb is the kind of challenge real Americans seek. Who wants to be a passive victim of nuclear war when, with a little effort, you can be an active participant? Bomb shelters are for losers. Who wants to huddle together underground eating canned Spam? Winners want to push the button themselves. Making your own H-bomb is a big step in nuclear assertiveness training -- it's called Taking Charge. We're sure you'll enjoy the risks and the heady thrill of playing nuclear chicken.

Do i hear a YEAH! :rolleyes:

OR:

Finally you can steal enriched uranium or plutonium while it's en-route from conversion plants to fuel fabricating plants. It is usually transported (by air or truck) in the form of uranium oxide, a brownish powder resembling instant coffee

oh make a movie of you stealing it too.....

Where's Dave with a picture??

:D:D

Merls

12. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    That clicking in your phone is normal...Oh an that black sedan thats been following you since this post...Well thats in your head.
    :ninja:

13. my right to a hydrogen bomb is protected by the second amendment, and you can have it when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Crap ya... I have like 2 h-bombs now...

15. One of the things I'm wondering is how strict the government regulates the sale of unenriched uranium. Will they ask questions, or will they just assume it's harmless as it is?

16. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Put in context, the first A bomb was built nearly SIXTY years ago.
    Given the determination and time ANYONE could build one!
    :eek:

17. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yeah - the problem has been pointed out - that anybody attempting this would die in the process - long before they got to complete it! :meh:

PS - notice how the 'regulars' are not responding to Dr. Moolah's witty little asides :rolleyes: - is he now on everybody's ignore list!!?? ;)

18. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    :confused:

Who's "Dr Moolah???"

19. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    ;)

Ahhh .... I see (brain running slow today) .... ignore previous post!