Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

makeing a bass help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    ok all this week i have been making a metal bass. a Acoustic bass i am putting pickups in it.i know that. what i am asking is the neck i used was off a jazz bass nock off it is 30" scale neck.i using a regulare bass bridge.the thing is i want to know were to mont it like were do i measure on the bridge. i know it is 30" from the nut and 15" from the 12 fret. but i not srue were to mearsue on the bridg it self.i got the bridge off a warsbrun xb100 Q if that helps .if your wording why i decide to bulid it because, i did all my shop projects all ready.and i built my own basses before and wanted a Acoustic and i had a tech do them form me and i have to mig the bridge on so i have to do it my self. o yah what is a good bass pickup for this i want the typ that mount in the sound hoe or some thing like that not the typ that goes on the bridge.

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I think your time would be better spent learning how to communicate.

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Benjamin,

What I think you're asking is how to locate the bridge. If the bridge has adjustable saddles, (like a regular electric bridge), set the saddles about to the middle of their adjustment. Then, measure thirty inches from the nut to where the saddles are... Forget about measuring to the front or to the back of the bridge, as these measurements aren't accurate for scale length. If you want, I can scan a picture of what I'm saying and e-mail it to you.

HTH,
    -robert

BTW Turock, not everybody speaks English as their primary language :cool:

4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I realize that, and therefore I checked his profile before I made my post.

5. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    sorry about the way i typed it.i was in a rush cause my girl friend was comming over.yah it is a regular electric bridge. and thank you for your help

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    My point is... I don't believe that very many people are going to take the time to reply if they aren't sure they understand the question.

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Okay Turock... point taken. Girlfriend... sheesh!! Get your priorities straight Youngun'!!

-robert

8. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Benji, remembering a few other cases.....I suggest you take your time, next time you post.
    We don't want to be rude, or in any way disregarding,,,,we want to understand, and to help where ever we can.
    OK, I'm non-anglo by birth and life, so I will have even harder than most of us, but please, mate...
    Next time(s), do it in plain english and with some thought on the message you actually want to communicate. please?

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah, girlfriend coming over, and yet it's still like EVERY one of his other posts.

Excuses, excuses, excuses...I hope nobody believes that's the reason! First it was deafness, then bad typing, then bad keyboard, then girlfriend...

10. Been my experience that deaf people tend to type better (and faster) than people who can hear.

Of course, my experience is limited to two fantastic women, but they type better than I do, and their grammar is better.

FF

11. I, too, am much frustrated by Benjamins lack of communication skills. I've contacted him on the forum, by private message, and even edited one of his posts for clarity. I have done all I can to get through. Nothing has helped.

But this thread is now way too off the subject to be useful to anyone and I am closing it for just that reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.