Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Maker of 6 string necks other than Warmoth?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by DaveCustomMade, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Since Warmoth won't make me a Gecko 6 neck with the SS6230 fretwire, does anyone else know of a maker of 6 string Bass necks? And if so, could you post (or PM) the webpage?

Thank you!!

2. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    you....?

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Try Chris Stambaugh...

4. :D If I had the skill necessary, . . . . you'd better believe that I'd be doing so. :smug: Alas, I don't. :rollno:

5. teacherguy

teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Carvin.

Jon

6. afiaowo

afiaowo

Jan 9, 2006
    Would Warmoth make the neck, cut the fret slots and not install any frets?
    You could install the frets or have someone install them.

Just a thought.

7. i'm sure warmoth do them without fretwire in... I'm looking into them for a g**tar i'm gonna be building next year. only heard great things about them, and that they are v. flexible. Send them an email, I got quick responses from them when i did. :)

8. That may be the route I go. Just get fretwire from somewhere else and either fret it myself, or take it to the music shop (where they do repairs). I've been told that doing the fretting isn't too difficult, so I may try to tackle it myself. . . . . . . . .I mean, . . . . . . . . you know, . . what could go wrong?? . . . . . . :oops: :bawl:

Too bad that I can't just afford a Roscoe. :rollno:

9. VaantCustom

VaantCustom

Feb 5, 2006
    Canada
    Let me try...

CARVIN!!

Carvin's necks are awesome. I own 2 carvin guitars.

10. What?. . . . . I'm not sure I'm hearing you, . . . . Carlile?. . . . Marvin?. . . . .Jarmin?. . . :bag:

Okay, I will try them.