1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Makers! XYZ DaVinci 1.0A 3D printer with tons of ABS filament

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by DDXdesign, Oct 5, 2017.

1. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Price:
    Hi guys!

I am selling this 3D printer because I am just not getting along with it - basically, I use its little brother the Junior almost every single day with no issues, to produce my StompPads and other things. I got this one to print a little bigger and to start printing in ABS to offer a wider range of parts and colors. But, barring a couple nice test prints, I cannot seem to get that magic combo of bed alignment, offset, adhesion etc that yields great prints every time, like I have with the other machine. This one likes to pick up parts and drag them around with the print head. I've read enough to know that isn't the machine's fault as much as the setup thereof, though, and I just don't have the energy to fiddle with it.

EDIT: it just made a great looking print again today! see further down the thread.

So, $400 might not sound like an amazing deal for a machine I have been fighting with, but the machine itself retails for 4 to 500 alone, and it also comes with a dozen cartridges of ABS filament, which themselves are 20-30 bucks a pop. For partial trade items, see my signature for current wants.

Notes: This thing is big and heavy, as is the case worth of filament, so pickup only unless you'd like me to have UPS pack it for shipping. And for ABS printing, it's best to have a well-ventilated room or a hood for the fumes, maybe a garage even, which I do not have in my new apartment.

Includes the head-cleaning brush and wires, and a USB cable for attaching to your computer when you want to send a file over to print, and you can get the software online if I can't find the disc. I will also de-register the printer from my account so you can register it yourself.

Photos to follow!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. DDXdesign

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Pictures

ICWKUnH.png
    dZxWFwP.png

Only 45 hours use thus far
    Et1T4hZ.jpg

Filament:
    2x Magenta
    2x Purple
    2x Neon Yellow
    2x Green
    3x Orange (two boxed, one unboxed but still sealed in plastic wrap)
    1.4x Steel Blue (one is in the machine, with 100 meters filament remaining out of 240 hence the .4)
    so 12.4 spools overall!
    nvYbxDL.jpg

3. DDXdesign

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Irony of ironies: I just ran a demo print to demonstrate for potential lookers that it's actually working, and it came out beautifully, probably just to spite me.

On the left is the one I printed on day 1, on the right is the one I just printed today. I think the one from today might even be better in some spots.

aBgOed8.jpg

4. DDXdesign

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Sold the printer, going to sell off the ABS individually...