1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Makes Sounds Loudly Phaser

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BawanaRik, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Let's make this quick Worst Pedal Ever. Workmanship like a high school kid, No tone worth having and any phasing it does is in its mind.

Worst pedal Ever. The only phaser sounds is with everything turned up. Then it starts to oscillate.

I will never buy a Makes Sound Loudly Pedal again. If I were to be walking down the street and see one on the ground I will walk faster.

I'm trying to sell mine. If you see it for sale don't answer the ad. BUY ANYTHING ELSE.

2. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    In it's defense when I had it: its not a plug and play pedal, the phasing is there on the low settings just REALLY slow (lowest is 12 sec). The craftsmanship is great to my eyes/ears and once again (in public) I'm sorry you were not happy with your purchase. but to each his own....

3. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    This isn't slow this is none.

I tried to contact previous owner before decideing to rid myself of this malfeance to no good end.

If you believe him buy the pedal from me. He won't take it back . If you want to buy it we'll have to wait intil we see what pay pal says. But that won't be long.

Not only was it missing half the screws to hold it together but the jacks were loose also. I didn't mention any of this in the review since that might not have been the fault of the original manufacturer. But the sloppy cut of the bread board looks bad. and even worse is the unique color coding he used for the wires. They're all orange. That's opposed to industry standard where wires are different colours so you can tell them apart.. Yes, the seller was short and needed a hand. A hand isn't what I got.

When ever I feel pity I know it's a mistake. I do thank you for reminding me of that.

4. So.........Maybe the manufacturer isn't to blame? Sloppy circuit board cut? Irrelevant. Wires all the same color- also irrelevant. This is not unusual in hand-made, custom circuits. I see it all the time in heavy-duty, large scale commercial printing equipment.
    Rant much?

:D

5. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    All of whcih would never have amounted to a hill of beans if the pedal worked.

Irrelevent? No, it's a sign of poor design, which becomes relevent when the pedal isn't operating correctly.

It's guys like this who keep Boss and Ibanez in business.

So do you rant much? If you really want the pedal buy the thing.

6. Duuuuuuuude. Chill, man!! You bought a pedal that is BROKEN!!!! The previous owner broke it!!!!
    Poor design?!? Cmon, dude. YOU said a bunch of screws were missing. The PO messed with it. Don't be so quick to blame the manufacturer. It's like a used car. Other hands have been in there. Bad hands.

7. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    1)I have NEVER sold anything I have not personally tested before posting for sale as my feedback clearly reads. If it was faulty then I NEVER would have sold it. If you feel it's that way then how do I know you are not disappointed about your purchase and purposefully "called it faulty".I have more than 80+ feedback while you rant with 10...

2) I'm sorry you FEEL a way about a purchase where I had VIDEO proof of it working. (seller apparently told me because I told him he feels a certain way that is what makes this deal...unworkable)

3) you're complaining because 2 screws are missing? Hell I'll send you a whole box if it quits your ranting.....(man I wish I could use more...FUn words)

4) :bassist:

8. So you sold the pedal to the OP? OK, well, it's obviously between you guys. Hey, if you really sold it as represented, I apologize. Just looks, you know, weird. I'll butt out now. Good day to you sirs.

9. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Hey no worries, he made it public so I just wanted to publicly disclose my end of it. i have never short-handed anyone and this came out of left field. As stated before, I would never sell something I didn't KNOW was good and ALWAYS disclose all info. And as you stated with your input the builder's faults are not my issue...I mean come on complaining about same color wire? I even posted a gutsghot with the for sale thread to disclose all before it was sold.

Also the buyer stated in his PM that he used +9V (he stated the sheet made by the builder was wrong and that he used a different power supply): DOESN'T THIS NORMALLY VOID WARRANTIES WITH PEDAL BUILDERS?

And since the buyer decided to file a dispute with PayPal I will gladly keep records of this conversation, our PM's and the sales thread with everything disclosed. This is outrageous! I will not give back MY MONEY because YOU were not happy with what YOU BOUGHT WITH KNOWLEDGE.

Beware the unsatisfied that have no evidence but just want to back out.

10. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I find it odd that since you were never mentioned in the review that you'ld chime in.

Just asking.

11. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Buyer: no offence, but you are totally out of line here. You bought this pedal with an ad full of photos and with a video review posted by the seller of the pedal showing the pedal working - its 10 minutes long and goes through all the settings. This is a private matter that you should be settling by PM and not in public, but seeing as you have raised it publicly, its completely apparent that you are the one in the wrong. The seller's video should make it completely apparent how this pedal works (and quite frankly that its not a "simple" phaser).

12. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Here's a link to the sales thread in case anyone is curious:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f213/...ge-phaser-cv-control-rate-moog-ep-2-a-906748/

With pictures, gutshots and 10 min long video of a (apparently) non-working pedal.

This thread will/has been printed and will also be forwarded to PayPal. And a request to the buyer: please stop accusing me, questioning my character and overall handling this in a sophomoric way. If you have something to say PM only like adults. Thanks you and honestly I hope that we can resolve this like such.

13. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I could go on. The manufacturer recommends using a battery. Yet there is no battery option on the pedal.

These guys working in their basements are where the next batch of mainstream builder will come from. If they don't learn now, then when?

All this would be irrelevant as you say if the pedal did some worked right.

14. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    You need to calm down. I pmed you when this first became an issue. You wouldn't talk reasonable then. I doubt you'll do so now.

Talking down to anyone is rude. I doubt it's done much to solve any problem at any time. Certainly not now.

I never mentioned you in the original review. I can't help but wonder why you're so interested? You do seem defensive. Why would that be?

Just asking.

15. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    The seller was never mentioned in my review. Why he chimed in with what is apparently a successful hijacking of my thread is beyond me.

My review was of the pedal, not the seller.

But since you got involved how about you buy the pedal? You were so interested. Here's a chance to make it yours!

16. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I used the voltage the build sheet called for. Fact.

You have a pic of the build sheet. Take a look. It says 9 volts. That what I used. EXACTLY WHAT the build sheet said to use.

17. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    So much for acting like adults.....

1) Yes you did not mention me :my first post was a defense of the pedal itself.

2) I'm being defense because you attacked my character so I defended myself. Sorry if I don't lay down and just take it.

3) It seems you want to just get rid of it and really attempt to resolve anything: sound fishy?

4) As state before I have 85 peeps on here that must think well of me with over 100+ feedback on EBay. You sir have nothing to stand on besides the childish rant you have initiated.

5) Seriously you're gonna lose your dispute because of my overwhelming evidence, credibility and overall because it bothers you that I'm legit and you are just upset. Please leave your insecurities at the door when doing business.

18. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    This is my review. You weren't even mention until you hijacked it. Please refrain from that behavior. Drama may be fine for TV but not pedals reviews.

You weren't even mentioned in my post so why the need to created this victim hood?

Yes I want to get rid of yet but I have the honesty and integraty to say that I don't like the pedal rather than shift it off to someone.

And here I quote you "really attempt to resolve anything?" I'm unable to tell what you mean by that. Please clarify.

I'm looking at the initial review and see nothing that in the slightest reflects upon your character. Please show me where that happened in the initial review of this pedal.

And you insinuation that I'm not acting like an adult is offensive. Please don't do it. I can't see how insults will help anyone.

Your apology is a first step on the road to resolution. Thanks.

And the further personal insults at the end of your post aren't helping matters. Please refrain form personal insults. They aren't helping anyone's cause.

Remember I was trying to sell this pedal as is my right, when you decided to create all his drama. Now as a matter of principal I'll be doing my best to return this pedal to you. After all you must really want it back after all this drama. Right?

19. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Whatever makes you FEEL like a big man....

I didn't apologize so if you think I did I take it back. See you on PayPal bucko

20. I know this has nothing to do with me but...

1) The bit of paper from the manufacturer says to use 9V. Did the OP use 9V or not? If the OP used 9V and so did sillyfabe, it obviously wasn't the builder's error. There's contradicting information here.

2) The quality of the pedal seems rather good to me. Colour of the wires means nothing at all and the slightly rugged edges of the stripboard/perfboard are completely acceptable. You have to use either massive tin-cutting scissors or score the board before snapping it. It's impossible to get it perfect and has nothing to do with sound quality or lack of it. The board and wiring were clearly visible in the sale thread. Also, the missing screws were probably taken by sillyfabe, right? All the pedals I own I have taken two of the screws off to make them easier to open, it has no downside whatsoever.

3) The pedal definitely worked at some point before the sale, so again it's not the builder's fault. It would be interesting to see a photo taken by the OP of the guts along with a video of the pedal not working.
    I must say, the idea that the pedal does nothing is very puzzling to me; if there was a problem it would either sound weird or mute the signal, not sound the same as when bypassed. Maybe the switch broke, but yet again that's not the builder's fault; he used the standard blue Taiwanese 3PDT switch that has a life expectancy of many thousands of clicks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.