Making a bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by miccheck1516, Sep 6, 2003.

1. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum i wasnt too sure where to put it.

Ive just started college and in our spare time we are allowed to use all the facilities which includes the engineering labs. I want to make my self a new bridge for my 4 string yamaha rbx270.

Im just wondering what things i should take into consideration when making the bridge, and what materials would be best suited for the job i quite like the look of this [​IMG]

Would i be right in assuming that teh circular bits on teh top part of the bridge are what one uses to set string height?

Move them close to the bottom of teh bass and the strings get higher, move them towards the head and the strings get lower????
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    1. Yes

2. No, what you describe is the intonation adjustment. String height is adjusted by turning the "screws" a 1/2-turn (counter-)clockwise.
  3. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    'The screws' do you mean the two at both sides of the upper part of the bridge?
  4. To adjust the string height, you would make the screws that the strings rest on (that you move back and forth) go lower to make the strings lower, and high to make them higher. Moving the screws back and forth is for the intonation.