Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Making a change...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AMJBASS, May 2, 2002.

1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Well you're all gonna think I'm crazy! I have been doing a lot of Jazz/Funk work lately, and it turns out I need a bit more power than the DB359 can dish out! I am pushing it too hard, and it starts to get muddy. I spoke to the guys at Steve's Music, and they said I could exchange the DB359 for a pre-amp/power amp setup. They will just charge me rent for the time I had it.

Anyways, I really like the Aguilar's clarity and warmth, so I am thinking about getting the DB659 pre-amp, and a QSC PLX2402 or a Power Light 1.8.
    I have heard that the Aguilar doesn't sufficiently power the QSC switching style heads, can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks!:)

P.S. The GS210 isn't going anywhere! It is one of the best sounding cabs I have ever played with. It should sound killer with 1500 watts bridged going into it!:D

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    AFAIK, the Aguilar preamps don't have any problem driving PLX amps.