1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Making a Change

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by scottmabe, Oct 3, 2008.

1. scottmabe

scottmabe

Mar 29, 2008
    Memphis Tn
    Has anybody had to switch from bass to guitar?
    I'm sure that most of us play guitar at some level. Ive been the gui**** before. But always come back to the lower regions. I now pretty much use the guitar as a tool for songwriting, chord structures etc...

Now here is the dilemma....

The band I'm in has been through at least 7 different "Lead Players" in the last 2 years. The frontman/rhythm player is adamant about having a lead guitar. Not having a "Regular" in that spot makes the song selection tough. The last few players were... so-so.
    I know I can do better and feel that the way I play guitar will fit well with the original songs that we do. All the other issues will disappear. But the frontman who shall remain nameless drags his feet and is non-committal when I talk to him about it.
    I need to find a bass player to fill my position before anything can happen.
    Has anybody else been here and done this? Its awkward to say the least. Most times when you run an ad its to replace someone who is no longer there.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Maybe you (on bass) can do a recording of a couple of your songs.
    Then play them back at rehearsal and you play guitar as a demo.
    Make your pitch to th frontman and go from there.

Does the frontman decide everything?

3. scottmabe

scottmabe

Mar 29, 2008
    Memphis Tn
    Good suggestion.... I'll try to lay some down tonight for tomorrow afternoon..
    Thanks !!