making a furry bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by razorbakc, Feb 4, 2002.

1. razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    Since I should be getting my new bass withing a week, I thought to myself.. "hmmmmmmmm......." later in the day I remebered what i was going to think about... What should I do with my Ibanez? The bright idea of covering it in fur came to mind.

I guess what I'm asking is does anyone know how to do this?
  2. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Youve been watching WAY to many ZZ Top videos :D.
  3. How about a "chia bass?"
  4. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    i plan on covering my old SR800A with leopard print this summer. its an easy way to cover up a really nasty paint job. (i tried to refinish it... dad put a wet bass on a dry towel... nuff said)
  5. A Furry Bass? :eek: Why?

My old drummer had fuzzy drums, which were cool, but why would you want to do that to your bass?

Anyway, my drummer went to the Goodwill, and bought about 15 pairs of old corduroy pants, cut them into strips and hotglued them to his drums.

I suppose you could do something similar to your bass. Maybe get some green shag carpet, cut out holes for the knobs, pick ups and the bridge, hot glue it onto the body, restring it, and voila, a furry bass.
  6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Astroturf! Much more durable than fake fur (or real fur, for that matter...)
  7. razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    haha.... well it is just an Ibanez, so I figured I should do something to make it interesting. Especially since its an inexpensive bass.
  8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
  9. Ouch!.... wouldn't that chafe??

P.S Make sure you get the nap the right way. so it looks good in the lights!
  10. I wonder how long you would have to play to develope a static charge?
  11. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    yeah, it is durable, but your so much more likely to get injured!

12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think actual fuzzy lepard print would be pretty cool. Specially on something like an Ibanez...
  13. razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    yea, something like that..... (including the girls) except not that fluffy. I'm looking for more of a shot hair bass.