1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Making a passive Warwick Rockbass Corvette 5 into an active with EMGs?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J03YW, Oct 14, 2013.

1. J03YW

J03YW

Nov 23, 2012
    USA
    Hey, I'd like to buy a RB Basic Passive Corvette 5str and make it active with an EMG setup, but I don't know which pickup to use. I prefer less noisy designs with great attack and growly mids, I'm looking for a very defined sound. Also, I'd like it to fit the 4 already drilled holes in the bass for pots and fit in its control cavity, I don't want to cut into the bass's wood. Also, do these systems/preamps come with blend knobs or just 2 volumes? I love blend knobs. I don't really need a mid control on the preamp btw, just bass and treble will suit my needs.

2. J03YW

J03YW

Nov 23, 2012
    USA
    Oh man, I just realized EMG doesn't make 5 string active J pickups that aren't soapbars :(

EDIT: WHOOPS, yes they make a 5str pickup set.

3. J03YW

J03YW

Nov 23, 2012
    USA
    Okay, I have an idea. Could I wire the J5 set into the BQC system? That is a volume, blend, concentric bass/treble knob, and concentric mid/sweep knob. Would that work or would I need to mod things?

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

You can hook up the EMG's with any of the EMG preamps. I have basses with EMG J's hooked up to BTC's, BTC systems, BTS's and BTS systems. They are designed that way. Best part is it's completely modular. No soldering needed.

5. J03YW

J03YW

Nov 23, 2012
    USA
    Thanks, so it kinda just drops in? Cool.