1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Making a tech 21 character pedal programmable?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by primussucks9126, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Hey everyone,

I've got a tech21 Leeds pedal, and I really love it. The only problem is that I find I like drastically different settings for different songs and projects.

I'm wondering if it's possible to re house the pedal and make it programmable like some of the other tech 21 offerings?

Thanks!!

2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    I'm sure it is possible, but the cost would most likely out weigh buying 2 or 3 leeds pedals

3. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    We do make the VT Bass in that format as well as a custom shop Liverpool Deluxe.

4. Literally the same as the VT bass? It would be really hard, expensive and you would have to learn DSP. You could, however, try rehousing it into a different enclosure with two gain controls to switch between.
    Is this something you're really interested in and prepared to put some effort into, or is it "I'll give you 5$ to do it for me"?