Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

making an underground music video

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by clanner, Mar 5, 2006.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    just wondering if anyone has anyideas on how to do this. we can get a cemera man/ video editor to do this for free/cheap and want to try several diiferent things at once in the video. running around our guitarists and drummers school track field in track shorts. just doing weird things in general, but also synching up the track from our demo with snippets of use playing the song.

anyone done this?

2. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    You can do stuff like that with the easiest things, like Windows movie maker.. Not hard at all really.

Just look up some tutorials for it and get stuck into it.

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Way back in the day, my brother in law made a video of one of my songs for a class project he had in computer animation.

The song was about having nightmares.

One verse talks about being chased by movie monsters. He had a color shot of someone waking up, jumping out of bed and running around the room. To this he added, in the same (in color) room, classic movie monsters lifted from old black and white movies, still in black and white.

The chorus talks about falling, and how you need to wake up before you hit the ground. He nade a single progressive view that starts from high enough to make out the North American continental landmass, zooms in to see the patchwork or farms and cities, zooms down to see neighborhoods, zooms down to see a house with a back yard, zooms down to a kid and a cat in the back yard looking up. The viewpoint zooms directly to the cat, as if you're going to land on him and squish him.

The majority of the rest was either acted out, or stock footage.

I wish I still had a copy.