Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Making My Debut on Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chiba, May 4, 2005.

1. Chiba

Chiba

Mar 11, 2005
    I thought 'Misc' was appropriate for this post...since I haven't been around here long y'all let me know if this is out of line...

I'm in only my second band - --CRASHLANDER-- - as a bass player and though the band's been around for a few years, we have our first gig together this Thursday - Cinco de Mayo* baby! - and I'd like to invite anybody in the DC Metro area to come out.

We're playing at the Velvet Lounge as the middle band of 3; the first band starts at 9 and we'll probably go on stage a little before 10.

I've been playing bass & guitar for 20 years, but this is only my 2nd band as a bass player, and I'm a little nervous about playing bass on stage. I'm using a borrowed Hartke rig (saving up to get my own gear), and a Warwick 'Bleached Blonde' that is just about the best bass I've ever owned (and I've had a few!)

So I'll be the big bald guy with glasses & a beard playing the funny-looking all-maple bass on stage with the 2nd band. Introduce yourself!!

--chiba

* Not a gratuitous CdM reference; I'm actually part Mexican (1/16 - my great-grandfather was from Mexico City!) and actually know that a) CdM is a minor holiday in Mexico though it takes on St Paddy's Day-like proportions in the US and b) it has nothing to do with Mexico gaining independence from Spain, but rather a military victory over France.

2. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    Don't worry, bass is the easiest instrument to play :bag: . Only 4 strings & you get to stand in the back. Nobody bothers or notices you on your way from the stage to the bar.

Good luck & have fun

Gomez