1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Making My Debut on Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chiba, May 4, 2005.

1. Chiba

Chiba

Mar 11, 2005
    I thought 'Misc' was appropriate for this post...since I haven't been around here long y'all let me know if this is out of line...

I'm in only my second band - --CRASHLANDER-- - as a bass player and though the band's been around for a few years, we have our first gig together this Thursday - Cinco de Mayo* baby! - and I'd like to invite anybody in the DC Metro area to come out.

We're playing at the Velvet Lounge as the middle band of 3; the first band starts at 9 and we'll probably go on stage a little before 10.

I've been playing bass & guitar for 20 years, but this is only my 2nd band as a bass player, and I'm a little nervous about playing bass on stage. I'm using a borrowed Hartke rig (saving up to get my own gear), and a Warwick 'Bleached Blonde' that is just about the best bass I've ever owned (and I've had a few!)

So I'll be the big bald guy with glasses & a beard playing the funny-looking all-maple bass on stage with the 2nd band. Introduce yourself!!

--chiba

* Not a gratuitous CdM reference; I'm actually part Mexican (1/16 - my great-grandfather was from Mexico City!) and actually know that a) CdM is a minor holiday in Mexico though it takes on St Paddy's Day-like proportions in the US and b) it has nothing to do with Mexico gaining independence from Spain, but rather a military victory over France.

2. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    Don't worry, bass is the easiest instrument to play :bag: . Only 4 strings & you get to stand in the back. Nobody bothers or notices you on your way from the stage to the bar.

Good luck & have fun

Gomez