Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Making noises with your bass, appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tecx, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Making noises with your bass, appreciation thread... So ya, in the aftermath of the "strange noise" thread - a provider/lover/suporter of making noise with his bass (which IS NOT CHEEP - B.L.), has created this - for open minds only...

Alex Pearson

2. i'm happy for you and your cd collection.

3. hmmm.... wonder why bruce deleted that? i don't mean to start a flame war or nothing, but it was pretty damn funny.

anyway... much love to bass players who make "silly noises".

4. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    YES!.. Thank you Bruce, you proved my point!!! Your the best!!! You couldn't take that, yet you absolutly love to bash/dissmiss/and insult the music I AND MANY OTHERS love here on talkbass. And FYI I was going to edit myself, but you didn't even give me a chance - tisk tisk.

Alex

ps. you at least owe "us" why you have experimentation so much?..

5. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    no. no not just mt cd colection my friend - I pride myself of being able to make my bass do things that no one has atempted, yet I still have the ability to rip out some awsome lines - when the time is right... :D

Alex

6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'm all for experimentation and wierd stuff. I give my support to all who use the wierd stuff.

It's the wierd stuff that keeps life exciting :D

7. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    EXACTLY!.. thanks man!..:cool:

Alex

8. hey alex, did you miss the post bruce deleted? he was talking about having "more experimental and avant garde cd's than anyone elso on the board"

i read that line, then had to clean the coffee off my computer that i spit all over it from laughing so hard, then replied... he had plenty of time to delete it.

p.s. getting my electro harmonix frequency analyzer back from the shop tonight... i'll make sure i use it in musical context to make everybody happy.

9. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    ****!.. I did miss it!... (i was really wondering where you came up with the cd comment ;) ) Oh well thanks for filling me in!... lets see - 12 Hary Partch albums, 9 John Zorn, 8 Mike Patton, 5 Merzbow, 2 Husk, 2 tabata, various duacha gramaphone "avant garde for life" lp's... about 20 Bip Hop cd's - about 150 free jazz records - well lets just say that my collection is 10,000 - and about half of that is experimental/avant gard...

ps. YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!!! the EH Frequency analyzer is more fun than a barel of freakin' monkeys!!!! I sooooooooooooo wish I had one!!! Cheers! have fun with it!!!! I think I am getting a Mutron bi-phase for x-mas!!! :D that makes me all kinds of happy...

10. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Oh also!.. You have the best damn handle on TB!.. :cool:

Alex

11. i picked that pedal up for $40 out of the classifieds, gettin it fixed for $20. you can't beat that with a stick. i love that freakin thing.

12. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    OK NOW I HAVE TO KILL YOU :p man - some guys have all the luck!... ;)

Alex

13. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Please keep the thread on topic or i will close it. My son is really sick and i can't be here much, so that's why i didn't reply to your E-mail yet Tecx. But i will watch the thread closely.

14. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I am sorry to hear about your son, that sucks! I hope he gets better soon!... and note takin' sorry, didn't mean to get off topic...

15. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    So, on the topic of pedals in conjuntion with playing technique - what do you guys do - to get your "stange" sound?..

Alex

16. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I sometimes use a Boss CEB-3 chorus pedal. Turn all the knobs on full, and you get this really alien like spacey warbley sound. That really tripped out my drummer when I first did it... :D

17. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Awsome, ya - chrous can be a bass's best friend, sometimes with a really fast warble/vibrato and a delay you can get really cool stutering sounds when you do chords...

Alex

ps. LOL @ drummerr thing, silly beat boy...

18. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    It is really fun and WIERD when I plug in my crybaby bass wah with the chorus on full. The spacey warble from the chorus plus the wah of the pedal is CRAZY!

I can't wait to get my distortion to add to it :D

19. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Moved to effects - I don't want this.

20. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    What do you mean by "I don't want this"???????

Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.