1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Making Progress on my Second Board!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mason Nagy, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Mason Nagy

Mason Nagy Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Salt Lake City
    Working on putting together a second pedal board for some more aggressive stuff. Just waiting on the actual board to arrive to properly arrange them. I want to add a few things but this is what I've got for now. Here is signal chain:

Idiot Box Cool Buzz Bass Fuzz - BOSS LMB2 - Mantic Vitriol - Fuzzrocious LunaReclipse - BOSS TU2 - EQD Afterneath.

I would like to add a Fuzzrocious Grey Stache and a Catalinbread WIIO soon as well. Maybe a delay pedal at the end. Still decided on a proper power supply.

Running a Fender P Bass and a 90's Epiphone Non Reverse Thunderbird strung BEAD (not pictured)

Amp is a 70's Acoustic 150 Guitar head through an Avatar 2x12. Would also like to eventually run a second amp clean. Something like a Bassman or SVT with a 2x15. Making progress!

udi0xdre5jnz.

vivaknoxvegas and That Coyote like this.
  2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Did you put all the wear on that fretboard?

3. Mason Nagy

Nov 20, 2015
    Salt Lake City
    Yeah, that just came in naturally. I have had this bass the longest out of any I have at the moment. I am just too lazy to give it a (overdue) deep clean. Like Jamerson said, "The gunk keeps the funk."

4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Indeed, that's impressive! :D

5. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove Can we please just groove for a while? Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    I wish I needed a heavy fuzz pedal, because that Cool Buzz is one of my favorite designs around.

6. Mason Nagy

Nov 20, 2015
    Salt Lake City
    I have used it in a few different bands and they were nowhere in the ball park or heavy at all. I have gotten lots of compliments when used during recording sessions as well. I got it during a flash sale for $50 at the time so I think it was well worth it.

Grahams Groove likes this.
  7. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Good choice that Acoustic 150 guitar head. I used one of those with a 301 as my "small" stage rig from 1974-79 and it worked the charm. Even the trem and reverb in it were usable with bass. Great amp. I keep looking on fleabay for another one in decent enough condition to be worth getting.