Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

making the bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by red-hot-bassist, Jan 22, 2002.

1. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    i will be comming into purchase soon a broken bass:( i am thuinking about giving it a new body and i was wondering if someone could give me a web adress for a wood distributer either already shaped into a body or not, it dosent matter, also recomendations on wood would be usefull

thnaks

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I have some Guitarist mags in the house (I'm at work just now!) I'll have a look see what they have - I'm sure there are companies that do bodies, necks etc. Also a company I've bought things from before is called Touchstone Tonewood - can't think where their details are though, I'll get back to you!

3. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    thanks jhonny boom boo, i was wondering are all the sites offering pre made bodies, you know, instead of making them yourself?

4. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    that pastel blue bass retailing at 595 pounds is very yummy!!!, thanks Paul

5. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    Brandoni are only a few hundred yards away from where I am working.
    I'll go take a look at that bass lunchtime (I presume you mean the "vox" teardrop job?)
    I'll let u know what it's like.
    :cool:

6. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    That is a very nice bass!
    The neck and body are 1967 Vox The pickups are 1964 Vox but all are "new old stock"
    The tuners look like gotohs, and the bridge looks like some kind of stock Fender item.
    The neck is amazingly narrow (narrower than a Jazz)
    Fretwork is good (fret wires are a little thinner than the Fender variety).
    The headstock however, seems huge.
    Stangely it doesn't seem to affect the balance too much.
    Nice tone - sort of mid way between a P and a Jazz
    All in all very "different" and very nice
    Only snag is...... the £575 on their website is for the "Phantom" shaped bass.
    This one they want £650 for.
    They reckon they sold one a couple of weeks ago for £750. (I think that was sunburst though)
    This one is the last one they have in this colour.
    :cool:

7. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    well paul, if i was just pasisng through somewhere over the rainbow and i had a spare few hundred punds then i might just have to do that, but, since i work in a video store, have never been anywhere over the rainbow, let along somewhere, i will just have to console myself!!!;)

thnaks for the help and information guys!!