Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Making the move . . .

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Steve Clark, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    This will be my year to move to DB from EUB (NS Design). Maybe my month if I be nice to my wife. Actually she is more excited than I am.

I am doing more and more work on the EUB and after seeing a couple of DB performances in the last few weeks this is the only way to go. I am working my way through the sticky threads to learn more.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this Canadian dealer that I have found. I like the idea of working with someone who lives so close to me. About 30 minutes away at most. I have contacted them about inventory to see if there are a number of basses I can try.

Here is the link. I like idea of being able to shop Christopher and Eastman close to home.

http://www.violins.on.ca/canada.html

PM or posting is fine. Look forward to your input.

2. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Leif Luscombe is a very nice man.
    I'm taking care of the discussion forums on his website.

3. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Thanks Francois. I'm looking forward to hearing back from him.

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Second that; I 've only dealt with him by Email, but he seems like a class act.

5. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Thanks. After that I'll have to visit my brother-in-law in Manhattan. :hyper:

6. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    If you're going to NYC, I would highly recommend putting off any purchase until you get a chance to make the rounds, Gage's shop particularly. There are not many other places where you have the chance to put your hands on SO many different basses, old AND new, at the same sitting. Additionally you have folks like Arnold and Jeff and geoff Morrow (bass garden) and Paul Biase and Kolstein and Bill Merchant and even Steve Loeb over at IDEAL Music....

Buying local is a worthwhile thing to do, buying the bass you love ANYWHERE is even more so. If there's something particular that you've played close to home, put a deposit on it. That way it'll be there if you don't play anything else you like.
    But an opportunity like that (visit to NYC) shouldn't be wasted...

7. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Thanks Ed. Much appreciate you chiming in.