1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Making vids with mac book pro camera?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cosmicevan, Mar 2, 2008.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Greetings TBers,

Looking for some tech advice. I'm somewhat techie when it comes to working with audio and computers, but never really explored video technology at all. I have a mac book pro and was thinking about making some you tube vids or vids for other projects concerning some musical ideas or demos of things and I was curious if it is possible to do that with a stock mac book pro. Any and all advice is super appreciated!
    :help: ~ cosmic

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yup. I make all of my pedal demo's with the onboard camera. I even used it for the "Tales from 206" videos.

3. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    how, per se do you do this? what program do you run? what settings do you need to set to have it use your onboard camera when recording? where can i find more info? do you use a specific program to do this? are there any stock options in the software that typically comes with a mac (iLife?)

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    You can run imovie.

5. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    +1

Just open iMovie and use the iSight. ;)

6. Yep, this works great and is really easy.

lowsound

7. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Even I managed to do it.

8. Yep, that's how I've been doing my latest vids. iMovie :cool:

9. yep iMovie. Open it and there should be this slider thing above the time line. on one end it'll show and eye on the other it'll show a camera, click the camera. The screen should change a bit and a button that says "Record with iSight" should appear, click it. It automatically records in DV format so just export to iTunes (MP4) to transport it elsewhere. and to record audio use the 1/8th analog audio input, though the built in mic is actually pretty good.

10. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    great! thanks for the tips guys. I imagine that I can edit here as well...and that it is pretty easy to figure all this out. Keep your eyes out for some cosmic vids (someday).

11. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    Try Quicktime Broadcaster if you want more control, especially over the audio input. I filmed some tutorials with it and it works great with an I/O interface. That is, if iMovie isn't enough.