Malden motorbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lucas vigor, Oct 6, 2004.

1. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    I wish I knew how to post a link here...but anyway, there is a company called Malden that makes a thing called "motorbass"....if it was'nt for the lack of a tone control, this would be IMHO an excellent bass!

it is styled a lot like the Sting or Mike dirnt Fender vintage p-bass..

Check it out for a nice surprise!
  2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    looks too simple to me, even though it hink that simplicity is the best way to happyness

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I like it.
    It is, indeed, very straightforward. My only problem is that the website doesn't make it sound that Malden really knows what it's talking about. It talks about a "balanced and well-defined" pickup, which I don't care about; is the J a stacked humbucker, or what? Not much information, I'd love to try it, and, if it was good, would pay $500 for it. I could always add a tone knob myself.
  4. BP gave the following review in their "25 budget basses shootout" issue last december.

5. gamera

Sep 20, 2004
    Gloucester, MA
    Why get that one when you can pick up an actual tele bass or something closer to it for around the same price?

Here's mine. This was like $450.

I think this is relatively cheap as well. Then there is the Mike Dirnt model which has standard high output p pickups.