Malekko Diabolik's 'Squish' control

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by maplebar, Jan 28, 2021.

1. maplebar

maplebar

May 21, 2020
    California
    I recently got a Diabolik and noticed that when I have the 'squish' set fully CCW, I'm getting absolutely no sound coming out, (except clean signal, if that's on). Doesn't matter if the fuzz knob is dimed. Is this normal?

I've searched through some threads on here that say the squish controls both the fuzz gain and gating in an interactive way, so is this the reason (minimum squish = low gain + high gating, therefore no fuzz signal is inherent to the design of the pedal at this setting)? Or is my pedal defective?

2. I don’t own so not 100% but I think it may need some squish or it gates too much for a signal to pass. I know the iron either oxide (kind of similar gates brassmaster style pedal) there was a setting where that could happen in that with the right settings it was so gated nothing would come through.

maplebar likes this.
  3. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Inactive Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    It's normal. Think of the knob as a bias knob. Fully counter clockwise it's just pinching the signal too much and doesn't allow anything to pass. I love this as I can get extremely pinched sounds with this pedal I can't get with too many others.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    jw23mind and maplebar like this.
  4. maplebar

maplebar

May 21, 2020
    California
    Thanks for the response. Did you mean fully *counter* clockwise? Because that’s when I’m getting no signal passing through. Anyway, glad to hear that this is just a feature of the pedal, and not a defect!

Peaveylover likes this.
  5. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Inactive Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Yes. Sorry about that error. Fully counter clockwise.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022