1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Malekko Ekko Bright/ Ekko Dark

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lkman_4, Mar 11, 2008.

1. lkman_4

lkman_4

May 14, 2007
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    So I have concluded to buy one of these two finely crafted pedals, but i really dont know which one to get.. they are virtually the same but the bright is designed to sound like a maxon ad 900 Delay and the Dark is supposed to resemble a Boss DM 2 Sound...has anyone tried these on their basses? which compliments the bass sound more?

P.S. also thinking about the timefactor amongst other pedals..any suggestions?

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Personally for the money I'd get a Subdecay Echo box I there are some soundclips in the wiki I did of of the proto so it didn't have the modulation but to me its such a hugely organic delay that the tone is just right on.

IMHO of course

3. lkman_4

lkman_4

May 14, 2007
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    thanks. where can i order this thing? Whats the price?

4. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
  5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I liked the reapeats of the Echobox Prototype that Tayste lent me more than the repeats on my Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, but I like the self osciallation better on the DBD than the Echo Box.

I'm really like to tray a Malekko ekko :)

6. lkman_4

lkman_4

May 14, 2007
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    well..considering its options it seems good for the price..i used to have an echo park also having many options which its delays were pretty artificial and it broke on me in a couple months(piece of ****) ..something tells me this echo box is trustworthy..anyone else have any experience with this thing?

7. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    You shouldn't have to worry about the quality of Subdecay at all, if it does break they have good customer service.

8. lkman_4

lkman_4

May 14, 2007
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    OMg..i ran into this pigronix echolution..thing looks immaculant..but so expensive...

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I recently learned the Subdecay will also do trails when turned off which is a big big plus on a TB pedal I do think the Malekko does this but the switch to turn it on and off isn't on the outside.

10. Ive got an Echo 600. Only does trails when you use the 2nd (Wet/Dry) output (set to 'wet' of course)... Otherwise it just cuts off. Theres no trimpot inside that I can see that allows you to change it (and the manual comes with a huuuuuuuuge warning not to change any of them).
    Sounds awesome though, really craving for an expression pedal to use with it ( to conrol the Excess [regen] amount).

Just a warning though, be prepared when you open up the back of the case. It almost gave me a heart attack after I realised it wasnt a battery clip.... :D

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'm not saying that's impossible but almost by definition True Bypass shouldn't allow trails.

12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    This pedal sounds great but I'd love to see a tap tempo output.

13. Malekko

Malekko Malekko Heavy Industry

Feb 25, 2007
    On the topic of trails, if your amp has two inputs you can plug one of each of the outputs onto each input and you'll get trails...i did this with my marshall 1959slp and it works. I dont know why i didnt think about this before...

14. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Give us trails through the one output and a tap tempo out and you've got a beast on your hands.

15. Malekko

Feb 25, 2007
    theres no way that could be done in that size enclosure!

16. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Make it bigger. :D

Seriously though, I don't know a thing about this....so it's not possible to do an output jack for a seperate tap tempo switch to be plugged into it?

Thanks for your time by the way.

17. Malekko

Feb 25, 2007
    Hey,
    Yes it is possible, but not with this circuit. Someday we will offer a Tap tempo Analog delay...we have a few more designs up our sleeves first.
    BTW something VERY exciting for you bass players coming SOON!

18. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

19. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    I got a chance to A/B a Bright v. Dark, I slightly preferred the Bright for normal delay usage, but vastly preferred the Dark for self-oscillation. Either way, these are the best delay pedals I've ever used. Disclaimer: I've only tried about 5 different delay pedals.

Dark 300 - poopsample

20. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Oh dear! You tease :D