1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Malekko Mini Chorus and Phase

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cabbage, Apr 22, 2010.

1. cabbage

cabbage

Aug 16, 2009
    Singapore
    Anyone tried one of these? Really attracted to their sizes, but I'm not sure if they work well with basses.

Any experience? How will you describe it in general?

Thanks in advance!

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I haven't used them, but according to dudes who went to NAAM, they work with basses (just as most effects do).

3. Tried the phaser; it sounded beautiful, but distorted very easily. Shame...

4. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    could you compare the phaser sound to anything? as in, does it sound more "small stoney" or "Phase90-ish"?

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Well it does have an internal trip pot

http://malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php/phase

I checked out the phaser at the winter NAMM show and it was funky and sounded good. I got no distortion out of it at all.

6. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Ditto. I tried all of the Omicrons and had no issues at all. They sound great with bass. The Phase and Chorus are very rich sounding.

7. Well, maybe I had a bad one then. I contacted Malekko, and they suggested adding a resistor, but I didn't want to mod a pedal right out of the box. Adjusting the trimpot didn't help. I sent it back to the seller, and he confirmed the distortion and gave me my money back.

By the way, I'm just telling my experience. I am in no way trying to talk bad about Malekko or anything! I'm very fond of my B:Assmaster...

8. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

I didn't get the impression that you were trying to speak bad of Malekko. Every pedal company is entitled to a lemon or two.

9. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    Plus he refunded you for the pedal, which is what he should have done

10. cabbage

cabbage

Aug 16, 2009
    Singapore
    am getting one this weekend, will let you guys know! hope that distorted noise doesnt come off mine. :hyper: excited!