Mall Cop

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jan 22, 2009.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Hey...I forgot to make a thread on this. I went and saw it with my wife this past Saturday night. It was sold out Friday.

Man, it is funny. There are funny parts not in the commercials either. Yeah, I know it's corny. You stuffy, overly critical movie reviewers leave me alone. This movie cracked me up from start to finish. I may even go see it again.

Mike V, Jason Ellis, Rick Thorne, and Mike Escamilla are all in it and play some big roles. I had no idea, so it was a cool surprise.

-Mike

2. Haven't seen it yet, But I think the idea came from a skit by Mike V and Mike Escamilla made back in 08.

I could be wrong but I saw this way before I saw any commercials for Mall Cop.

I'll probably wait until it comes out on bluray to watch it.

3. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    It looks pretty funny

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The Mall Cop cannot compete with the mall ninja.

bc

5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Mall Cop and Gran Torino are on my 'must see' list.

6. Rocker949

Rocker949

Apr 20, 2005
    USA
    It does look like it might be funny.

7. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Kevin James is very funny at stand up.....Sweat the small stuff is hilarious

8. I may have to watch it eventually. Big fan of his King Of Queens and he does pretty good stand-up that the whole family can enjoy. The commercial doesn't look particularly funny, but I've thought the same thing about other comedies (Napoleon Dynamite comes to mind).

The main reason I'd avoid watching it is that I still haven't recovered from Chuck and Larry, without a doubt the worst comedy I've ever seen. I wouldn't blame Kevin James at all for how poor the movie was. His performance was probably one of the best in the movie. It killed Sandler for me, tried again with Zohan and didn't really like it either. I think I just found him funnier when I was 13 then I do now.

Anyways, back on topic, I'll consider watching Mall Cop one day. On one of my many boring afternoons perhaps.

9. Just got back from it.

A stupid movie, but perhaps one of the better stupid movies I've seen.

I don't recommend it.

10. I saw this with my sister and her friend. The movie was good. But my sisters friend, oh my gawd!!! She is soooooo ****in' hawt. umm... excuse me, I have to go take care of some business. :ninja:

11. Do you really need an excuse to post about how you have no life and no one likes you?

This is TalkBass not MySpace. Get it right. :eyebrow:

12. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    he's 15......come on.....

13. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    username, you're the only person on this forum who has the unprecedented ability to FAIL in your every post!

:rollno:

14. Gran Torino was a great movie, but it certainly dragged.

15. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Dude- I loved this movie! I thought "meh" towards the beginning, but it progressively got better and better all the way until the end. After the mall gets taken over all the way to the end of the movie, I was rolling!

16. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Inactive

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    JASON ELLIS!!!! RED DRAGONS!!!!

I have a man crush on The Wing right now.... no homo.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021