Mama Cass Signing Off (temporarily)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Aug 12, 2004.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Im not going to be around for the next few days. Hurricane Chuck is putting a damper on thing for me for a short while.

According to the projected paths that Ive seen for this thing, he's going to either rip through my area or very close to it. As close as 12 miles. I also live very close to the Gulf of Mexico. So I have no choice but to prepare the house and yard for what may come.

days.under fact filer, click on charlie

See ya'll in a couple of days.
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sorry to hear it. Try putting a tarp over the house with a small stone on each corner. That should hold it down...that or bungie cords.

brad cook
  3. Good luck Cass. Remember Duct tape does NOT hold up windows!
  4. hey, finally, someone named a hurricane after me! (as unintimidating as my name is)

but like Joshua said, be safe!

5. Eep. Good luck man, living near the coast myself, I know the damage of hurricanes.
  6. If everyone has to sleep in a school gym, make sure you don't get a cot next to someone who snores.
  7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good luck Cass, I hope it works out better than they are predicting.
  8. Plywood is your friend. :p

Good luck, hope it misses you!
  9. Best of luck.

Remember, don't try to fly a kite...huricanes are mean and will steal it. :spit:
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Good luck Cass. We'll mind our manners. Keep yourself, your family, and your gear dry!
  11. Stay safe dude, If they call for evacuation, don't be a hero, leave. Stuff can be replaced, but you and your family can't.

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  13. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Thanks fellas. I really do appriciate the concern.

I (the Tampa area) got a very lucky break. As you all know the storm turned east and hit about 115 miles south of Tampa. Lets all just hope Dr Mike and all the people affected in the areas that Chuck did hit are all O.K.
  14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Mama, glad to hear that you missed the worst of the storm.

The fact that it turned at the last minute really caught a lot of people unaware, and unprepared. My thoughts and prayers are with those that got hit head on, and unprepared.
  15. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    It really shouldnt have caught anyone unaware or unprepared. They had the area that was hit under a hurricane warning too. From what Ive seen on the news, the bulk of the deaths have come from people that didnt heed evacuation warnings. Mostly mobile homes.
  16. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It could have been much worse than 13 deaths though. I guess that's the "good" news if there is any.

brad cook
  17. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Glad to hear you're OK!!!! :D

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad to here your safe Cass :)
  19. When I saw some of the pictures of the devestation, I was astonished at the low death toll. I thought it was going to be much higher, with how off-guard everyone seemed to be at the hurricanes sudden change of direction. Many officials in Florida are saying it's a miracle more weren't killed.