1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mama pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Pappasgrind, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Pappasgrind

Pappasgrind Goratory-sour grapes out now!!

Aug 13, 2009
    has any one tried these out? im interested in making a p/j set outta them for a 6 string

2. A link would be useful.

3. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    sorry bout that get some http://www.mamapickups.com/ if you click the English flag on the bottom of the home page you can read it better

4. Interesting.

I don't believe I've ever seen MM pickups like this before.
    [​IMG]

5. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    yup pretty gnarly i like the way they describe the sound they all sound enticing, im kindda feelin these over the big singles

6. Muaguana

Muaguana

Jul 28, 2009
    Ditto. The number of pickup configurations is impressive, too (and the site's more concisely organized than other manufacturers.) I just wish they had more information on each individual model. Sound clips wouldn't hurt, either. That said, color me intrigued.

7. SirH

SirH

Sep 12, 2019
    I've bought seven or eight pickups from MAMA including a pre-wired Strat harness. The first couple of pickup sets I bought were/are very nice.

HOWEVER last purchase I was looking for something good and balanced for my Strat and after discussing it personally with the owner, Claudio, was sent a pre-wired harness which, it turned out, had phase cancellation problems (if you don't know what that means and how it's typically addressed by pickup manufacturers see this Seymour Duncan article: Pickup Polarity and Phase Made Simple ).

I sent a polite email to Claudio describing the problem and asking if he had any thoughts and/or suggestions. Though he had replied to all my emails when I was looking to purchase before he wouldn't reply. I was/am *NEVER* rude etc. -just reporting and inquiring in objective and respectful prose. Even had I not done a couple of thousand dollars worth of business with him that style of doing business doesn't exactly amount to a commendation in my book. Neither for that matter is receiving a pre-wired harness with phase problems in the first place, one might well suppose, but the refusal to reply is at least unprofessional.

So my overall experience with MAMA pickups may be fairly summarized thus:

PRODUCT SATISFACTION (in my own experience): ranges from high to abysmally bad.
    CUSTOMER SERVICE: from high (reasonably fast international shipping) to abysmally bad (post purchase inquiry).

Never again.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Zoobiedood likes this.
  8. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    the guys from Wood and Tronics raved about the Mama pickups sound quality.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021