Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Man, am I lucky or what??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tuBass, Jun 1, 2003.

1. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    So I have this baby daughter a the house (about one month old) and she is pretty good, and usually only cries near the end of the day when she gets fussy after a long day.

A few days ago when my wife was trying to comfort her in the living room, I decided that I needed something to drown out the screaming, so I picked up my bass, started the SITSOM tracks from the book that I have saved on my hard drive, and started plowing through it. In les than 2 minutes into "what's going on" she stopped crying. I stopped, she started. Everytime I played, she stopped crying. Every thime I stopped, she started. I have worked my way most of the way though the book, but I have 5 or 6 tracks that she seems to like the best, so I tend to play those more than others.
    So now the rule is at my house, I must play motown music, non stop, until she falls asleep. It's a great way to improve my playing, if my hand doesn't fall off soon.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Cool man. Babies really only have one way to communicate. Crying. It can mean "I'm hungry," I've got poop in my diaper," "A scorpion just bit me," or "I need to hear some bass, and I need to hear it NOW!" Sounds like it was the latter.

3. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    yeah..hmm

I was talking to my lead singer and rhymth guitar about diapers..

30 bucks for a friggin pack!!!!

........darn.... it cost alot to poop in his house!