Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Man, caffeine is wild!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hateater, Apr 13, 2004.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
  2. smiliar experience on saturday night.

since is topped the majority of caffeinie orientated drinks for about a year... its started to work again1!

anyway. i was rtying to sober up with a coffee on sat, i put a big spoonful of coffee in, then this girl comes in.. "Oh cmon!!! be a man" then all of a sudden, theres 3 mountain fulls of coffee... and then i found out there was no milk. :crying:

teeeheee, didnt sleep!!! and ran 2 miles home lol :hyper:

3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I can't sleep either.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Coffee makes me drowsy...

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    it all starts with a "harmless" cup of coffee. next it's a quick snort, then the pipe, and eventually the needle. don't you guys see - it opens the door. get out while you can, before you know it, it'll be too late. meanwhile, i'll pray for you.

6. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Enjoy coffee and caffine now, before long it'll once again be linked to some new round of diseases.

8. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  9. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    i read a report somewhere once (wish i remember where) that said a study was done investigating why most people who went under anesthesia came back to consciousness with bad headaches. what they found was that it had nothing to do with the fact that they were put under, but had to do with the fact that they had usually gone a 24 hour period without caffeine. the headaches were caffeine withdrawl, not associated with being anesthesized. i don't ever want to have to spell that word or derivitaves of it again.

10. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    caffeine is just the poor man's speed :(

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Caffeine is a king among legal drugs. I close my ears to all negative squawkings about caffeine, my dear old friend.

12. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    have you got pro-plus (caffeine) pills over there ?

our boyfriend is partial to taking a whole blister pack :meh:

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I don't like caffeine. Not for any health reasons, but it has utterly failed to ever give me any sort of energy boost or pick me up. So, not Jolt and Mt. Dew don't give me the studying powers of a god or anything. It's just a liquid, and if it's coffee, rather nasty.

14. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    With that said,everything should be illegal,or legal. -Luke

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

16. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    How can one start a day with no coffee?

17. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  18. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    ever notice that people who don't drink coffee wake up in way better moods than people who do drink coffee.

by the way - i drink coffee, it's about the only fun thing i ingest at this point and i ain't stoppin any time soon. maybe. i dunno. i know it does nothing good for me.... whatever..... yeah.

19. ah yes, the memories. it was around the time that devoured 24 tabs in the space of a few hours that caffeine stopped working for me 2 years ago :)

holeeee crap. stayed up for 2 days straight with some CRAZY mood swings!! ahh the memories :D