1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Man dies in cake-eating contest

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt_W, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Matt_W

Matt_W

May 3, 2007
    Leeds, UK

This raises the question, how many buns could you eat before you died? :ninja:

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Heart Attack, Stroke, Food Coloring poisoning?

3. Matt_W

Matt_W

May 3, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    I have no idea, all I know is that death by cake is not especially dignified, impressive maybe, but not dignified.

4. Like, if you are gonna die during an eating competition, shouldn't it be by the truly baaaaad for you foods, like hot wings or hot dogs???

Remember the chick who died recently from drinking too much water in a silly radio contest?

5. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    Just yesterday a man died in Quebec from meeting a celebrity in person.

6. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    Well, if you're going to die, you might as well do it with the delicious taste of cake lingering in your mouth.

7. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    What worries me about this story is that it doesn't say how much he ate or what killed him. Did he choke? Too high blood sugar? I have no idea what the problem actually is! Now I'm worried I could die of eating too much cake...this had never occurred to me before.

8. I watched a jalepeno eating contest at a car show last summer. That was insane. I would have died doing that. Can you imagine coming in second?? Firey shizits for the next 3 days and nothing to show for it :scowl:

I think the 1 gal milk challenge is still the best and safest. Has anyone ever done it and kept it down??

9. You'd blow your O-ring clean out!

10. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I think that can kill you too, remember the girl that died from drinking too much water trying to win a Wii? :rollno:

11. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeah I remember that! What a crap way to die! :meh:

12. :spit: ;)

13. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    :rollno: I really CAN read. :scowl:

14. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    this all happened within minutes of my house... Monkey is my local gigging venue. really nice place, really nice people. didn't know the chap involved, but it's a crying shame, the atmosphere has been absolutely dismal around here, a few bands have dropped out of gigs the last few days there.

I think he must have been a student, the place is very popular amongst youngsters.

still, what a way to go. this could only happen in wales, I swear!

PS: he had 5 fairy cakes lodged in his throat. be fair, *5*! :eyebrow:

EDIT: just saw that some of you were asking how he died, yeah, he did choke.

15. lol. I do that ALL the time! ;)

16. Flabby1

Flabby1 Guest

Sep 23, 2007
    What a shame

such a waste

17. What you have to do to the jalepeno's first is fry them with an open flame. Makes them hotter than a habanero pepper.

I have seen someone get all the milk down, didn't keep it down for long.

lowsound

18. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The cake is a lie

19. Matt_W

Matt_W

May 3, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    Wow, most people would have stopped shoving cakes into their throat after one got stuck....wouldn't they? Anyway, I do feel sorry for his family, it can't be an easy time for them.

20. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    How do you count half-masticated sponge cakes? Either that's an estimate or the Swansea fuzz have got a world-class confectionery forensics unit.