1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Man Genes You're Missing...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Unrepresented, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I'm reading the Bacon thread and I realized there's a few areas of my life where I'm failing to man up to the manly expectations my mixture of chromosomes has given me.

I really, really don't like bacon. Not because I'm some healthoholic or whatever, because I'm in a good relationship with its sexy twin sausage, with the exception of Pepperoni, which is bacon secretly disguised as sausage.

Add this onto my complete indifference towards most professional sports, and at best a passing interest in automotive technology, and you've got the solid foundation to a tower of girly man.

Where are you lacking in manifesting your masculinity?

2. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    Metro-sexual, right?

3. Unrepresented

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I do have a goofy haircut.:meh:

But I don't think I've crossed the line to metrosexual yet. I'd be taking their good name down a notch in terms of hygeine and fashion.:ninja:

4. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I'm a vegan,I don't do any kinda meat talk
    I hate football
    Don't have a big interest in automotive either
    I hate the most "manly"&our national drink "Rakı". This is really wrong in Turkey. (I hated/disgusted it after an abusal night though,I was 16:meh:)

However I'm an alcoholic/beerocoholic and I'm hairy,I have a fur so that kinda covers all. :D

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I do concentrate on how I look a bit, but not too much. I really don't like pepperoni because it always makes my stomach do fun things way too long afterwards. As far as bacon goes, I love it crispy. It's good stuff.

I'm a mechanic, so no prob there, and I have good manly hobbies.

6. Not into the metrosexual thing, and as for not liking bacon.. that may be indicative of a serious medical condition; you may want to make an appointment to see your doctor today.:D

But the one I'll cop to... I seem to be missing the sports gene. I couldn't care less who is playing who, who is where in the standings of (insert sport), who got traded where, or anything else having to do with at least 2 people and usually a ball of some type. I'd much rather read a book, watch a movie or documentary, or listen to and/or play music.

7. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    I'll be watching this thread so I can revoke some man-cards.

8. Unrepresented

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Were we supposed to mail in for those? I must not have filled in all the proper forms.:meh:

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I forgot to mention. I had a 16 oz. Ribeye for dinner last Saturday, with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and some Octoberfest. Yum yum!

As far as sports, I like watching them, especially in HD. But I don't follow them like some people do... You know those types, they know every players name, playing position, stats, birthday, favorite color, yearly salary, etc...

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I don't watch sports very often but I make up for it by burping and f*rting a lot.

11. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    There's one sure way to fix what's ailing you: Wrap some bacon around some sausage and fry it up nice and crispy.

You'll never look at the world the same way again.

12. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

Apr 26, 2006
    Earth
    I don't enjoy sports. At all.

13. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I wouldn't say I am missing a thing. But I however don't like.

1. Pro Sports
    2. Guns
    3. Hot Rods

14. I lack the sports gene, but it makes up for itself in the insane and bizarre activities gene.
    I also can cook, not just grill, but actually lay down a proper meal.
    The man gene I DO NOT lack is the fear-of-washing-dishes gene.

15. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    I prefer to take a whiz sitting down if there isn't a urinal available. Very relaxing and when I flush... the cold clean water feels very nice swirling around my...

Insert swooshing sound of man card being violently ripped away!

...nevermind. :rolleyes:

16. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    I have no interest in meats, or sports, or cars, or weapons of any description. OTOH, I'm not into depilation and facial cream either. But I think I've always had a pretty low testosterone level and have been more sensitive/intuitive than assertive. Never bought any of that macho stuff. Just an uncompetitive old hippie who couldn't care less about gender stereotypes.

EDIT: Now as for beer, that I do like. But so does my ex-wife.

17. Sports...I don't watch any sports.

I could really care less what a bunch of guys on a field can do with a ball and who's the best at it.

:bag:

18. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Alright then, I'll go along with the not liking sports thing. The only sport I enjoy watching is boxing. I'll watch play off games and the superbowl, but I'm really only in it for the beer and munchies.

The inner workings of the internal combustion engine don't do anything for me either.

19. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I'm not very automotively savy, considering I was only able to afford a car for a very short time in life, and I'm morally opposed to watching the NHL. Bunch of over-payed nancies these days. Hockey's not as good as it used to be.

20. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Missing the sports gene. I used to have it, but then realized ther are so many other things to do on Sunday afternoons....