Man I hate the Basses forum

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassistjedi, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Every time I come here I get GAS. I'm in the mood for a cheap fiver. I have a birthday coming in Dec. plus Christmas is also in Dec. so maybe I can grab a cheap bass for the both of them. Any suggestions on which (and I stress) cheap bass would be worth my while?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm...

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Haha :D

I know that feeling all to well.
    But my GAS is probably worse... I´ve got cravings for both basses, amps and the sansamp di, but my girlfriend won´t let me buy any :(
    The household comes first and foremost. I´m pretty much not allowed to buy anything bass releated until I make some money of my playing. Which is way to hard, since I am in a band here in Iceland and we play our own songs. Original bands don´t get much mulah. :(

(although there is a slight chance that I have gotten permission to buy the sansamp bass driver DI in december....pray for me ;) )

4. How thin is the string spacing? I would rather have a five with wider than normal spacing, but I'm sure that will be hard to find in a low price range. For instance, I love the spacing on my P-bass but don't really like the spacing on a jazz.

5. hey wheel!!
    nice sig (para baixo todo o santo ajuda), but do u know what does that means?? cause i dont see many pple that speak portuguese around here :D

6. try an ibanez BTB405.

I dont usually get GAS over here anymore.. Im pretty happy with my P-bass.. a new amp is what I need.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2022