1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Man, I love the tone of my warwick....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoshuaTSP, Sep 22, 2010.

1. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP

Sep 26, 2008
    ...but why does it have to be so ugly?

:(

Corvette $$ 5.

2. They're great looking basses mate. Shut up and play the damn thing! :D

3. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP

Sep 26, 2008
    dildabass.

4. puddin tame

puddin tame

Aug 14, 2010
    I think my corvette std is a sexy beast. It's the pickups on the $$'s that ruin it for me, they just don't go with the design of the bass imo

5. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Why does the neck have to be so fat?

6. levis76

levis76 Defender of the Low Ender

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Get an early wenge neck, they are slim like an Ibanez.

7. Chowowbus

Chowowbus

Mar 24, 2009
    Olympia WA
    Its the "std" monikers that always make me wonder....:eyebrow:

8. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Love my Streamer Jazzman. Perfect sound and ultra thin neck. Don't understand why anybody would think Warwicks have a thick neck? Never played one maybe?

9. TSP, do you find that your warwick takes on a rather harsh sound when played loudly? i love the sound of mine at low to medium volumes, but when played loudly it starts to sound harsh. just wondering if you have noticed this.

10. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Loved my Thumb's sound, hated the neck dive. Had to say goodbye.

11. MasterMonkeyMan

MasterMonkeyMan Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2009
    The uglier the better. I have 2 Katana's which most consider ugly. Ugly perhaps but sweet!

12. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Portland
    It's the tone, man...the tone. Just keep telling yourself that over and over.

13. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    Warwick Streamer P-Jazz looks alright:bag:;)

14. Andrew311

Andrew311

Aug 13, 2009
    Hutchinson, MN
    Streamer Stage II = perfect.

Amazing tone, shape, wood, balance, playability....

It just weighs about 11.5 pounds...:(

15. Get a Streamer $$

16. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Bah, suck it up. My Streamer LX6 weighs over 15lbs. One of these days I'll get an accurate scale on the SOB. Various bathroom scales have read between 15 and 17lbs. :eek:

Yes, it neck dives. I am used to it. No biggie. For some reason, neck dive on a traditional Fender style bass perturbs me more than on a warwick. Must be something about their ergonomics. I don't like the warwick dive, but I can live with it on mine.

Oh, and tonally, every act I use it with wants that bass again next time. Even country/red dirt acts that you think would want the whole traditional look thing. Go fig.

17. :).

I love my Jazzman - I'm extremely tempted to 'upgrade ' to an SSII but would be bummed if it didn't sound as good!

18. It would bother me too if the upper horn were bigger than me. ;)

19. DaLoCo

DaLoCo

Jun 16, 2010
    South Africa
    I also don't get the "thick" neck argument. Mine's neck is thinner than my Ibanez' neck.

And yes, Corvette $$ is very sweet sounding and I also love the tone, but, if you dig in it does reach out a rip the gui****'s heart out (win-win methinks).....

20. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    :eek:! I couldn't imagine trying to carry around almost 20lbs of bass on my back for a whole evening. I've had the same thing happen with my heavier basses though. Maybe our bandmates just like seeing us in pain? lol.

Then again, this is a good excuse to lose 20lbs myself. Then I can say, "Hell, It's like before, but with NO BASS!" :smug: