Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Man, I need one or eight beers.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    GAH!!! Not a good day today. I walked out to my car for my weekly moving of the car, so I don't get a parking ticket (I don't ever really drive it), anad discover it's been wedged in between a wall and another car. Some jerk off smashed into my car, and bolted. It's looking pretty bad, and the other guy's car is wrecked pretty bad too. I happened to walk up right as a cop and the other guy were waiting for a tow truck to haul my car off. They had thought that I had wrecked my car and left it like that. Once we talked we figured everything out, and realized that we were both victims of a hit and run.

I was working on selling the car. I had just had it detailed, and had gotten some slight body work done a few weeks ago. I was holding off on selling it this week because of the looming Boogie job. Now it looks like I'm not getting the job with Boogie, and my car is smashed. It was all clean and pretty, and now it's all jacked up. Thanks, Mr. Anonymously Smashing My Car In The Middle Of The Night! You're a real American hero.

On top of all this, I almost got arrested by the cop. Since my car was just parked, and I wasn't driving it (other than to move it for street cleaning), I didn't have insurance on it, nor a California DL. I haven't really used the car since I moved here, so I didn't think I needed them. Guess not. The cop could have arrested me, towed the car, and beated me around the head and shoulders with his big black stick. Instead he gave me a slap on the wrist and let me go. Perhaps he realized that since I'm unemployed the money is an issue for me, or perhaps my I had maxed out my bad luck quota for the week. Yes, I know I should have had the DL and insurance, but since I never drive it I didn't see alot of point in forking over all that cash that I didn't have anyway.

Now I'm back at square one. No job, no money, and now a smashed up car. I'm going to have a harder time selling it now that it's all beat to hell, and I'm going to get less for it. Fie! Fie, I say!

At least I've got my health. :rollno:

2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Can ya junk it? Maybe you'll get more cash for it that way? Or better yet donate it and write it off, you get the "blue book" value for it at the end of the year...(if ya can wait)...good luck.

Health is so expensive these days...how do ya do it Ben?

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    That sucks. I hope some better luck comes your way soon. Things have to swing the other way eventually, you are burning up your bad luck tokens.

I do not miss the street cleaning/parking juggle.

4. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    That does suck, and assuming you live in the city....

That same thing pretty much happened to my friend when he lived in SF, except twice. He had his car parked outside his apartment, hit and run, got it fixed.... happened again. He didn't get much from his insurance either, so it was a pretty f-ed up situation (much like yours...). You'd think with all the people walking around that SOMEONE would have seen it happen and gotten a license plate # or something, pretty amazing... :rolleyes:

5. Do what I do...

Blame it on the Hippies and go to town with a baseball bat!

It works.

At least you feel better for a little while...

6. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    Does sound like a bad day I would hit the beer.

tk

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ill drink 1 or 8 in your honor tonight.

8. at least your car didnt get stolen this week... :oops:

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Bustin Justin and I are having a few Scotch's right now whille waiting to meet up with Mike Jewels, cheer up man moderation is the key.

10. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    ^ OR you could have 1 AND 8 beers = 18

11. I know it is not much consolation, but when things are not going well, there is a much better chance they will improve(more room). Hang in there, things will get better.

John

12. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Yes, but after 9 beers you don't know that!

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It sure feels like it.

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    They just came back up....

Sure feels like 18.

Peace
    Nick

PS: Did I just type this without any mistakes?

15. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Just hire out you Mesa gear, im sure that'll produce a steady cash flow... besides, you cant use it all at once. (Even though you'd like to.)

16. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Says you! :D