1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Man i want a Zon!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ArmyPunkGuy, May 29, 2007.

1. ArmyPunkGuy

ArmyPunkGuy

Dec 25, 2006
    I decided tonight that it's time for me to invest in a boutique bass and i think it's gonna be a Zon. Anybody wanna talk me out of it?

2. As long as you don't buy it from Ed Roman, I'd see no reason not to get a Zon.

3. ArmyPunkGuy

ArmyPunkGuy

Dec 25, 2006
    Who is Ed Roman?

4. Heh, perhaps the most notorious, arrogant, and prickish dealers EVAR. If you don't know Ed, I'd assume you're not getting it from him and to go for it.

5. ster

ster Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    Do it! I sold mine and wish I hadn't. They absolutely kill.

6. Modulrob

Modulrob

Jan 8, 2003
    Sorry, I can only talk you into it. I'm into graphite necks, and have owned many statii, modulii, & zons (I currently own only 1 bass, a modulus Q4). The zons I've had with swamp ash bodies seem to resonate something xtra-special. I've read somewhere that his necks are hollow, something else that may contribute to that resonation. Especially on the fretless ones! Fretted are still great too...if I had the cash, I'd be keeping an eye peeled for the right legacy/sonus myself.

- rob

7. get a legacy!!

8. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Sorry, but I also can't help you... I've owned about 5 so far, and have settled on my current two... at least for now. All of them Sonus', so I have no Legacy experience, but man, talk about killer basses, and yeah, if I ever get a fretless again, the FIRST one on my list will be the one I had before... a fretless Sonus Special. I can NOT imagine anything being more magical. It played itself, and was a singing mwah factory.

I currently own a Sonus Custom 5 and a straight up Sonus 5... both fretted. I love them both. Here's something to help you with your GAS pains... :D ...

zons5r.jpg

zons5c.jpg

9. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Man, Vic's bass (the one in the bottom pic) is too much! I *love* the wood on that thing. I know it's wrong to covet, but... nope, can't do it! I'll admit that do I covet that bass!!

armypunkguy-- have you considered a Vinny? It's a headless design, which appeals to some (me for example! :D ) but not so much to others. You can get a 4 or 5 string, and it's a great, light-weight, well balanced, Zon that's priced a good bit lower than a Sonus.

10. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Well, you won't get any help from me. I've owned a lot, and played almost all of it, and Zon basses are at the top of my list. I've converted a few of my buddies to Zoniacs too, so you might want to stay away from me...

:ninja:

Oh yeah.. Pictures..

DSCN0960.jpg

DSCN0961.jpg

:)

11. seansbrew

seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    There is no way I'm going to talk you out of it. I just got this one and it's the only solid body bass I own, I have no need for any other. Most awesome playing, sounding, comfortable, balanced, piece of equipment I have ever owned. Zon Sonus Custom

103_1177-2.gif

12. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Yeah, I remember this one... one of my all time favorite Zons... dang I love that top... amazing...

13. seansbrew

seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I would love to have this wood top on my bass

14. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

WOW. Nice looking basses.

I still want a Zon Vinny VB5. :(

15. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    Image057.jpg

Image056.jpg

Just acquired this Legacy elite 6. No regrets at all!

16. ArmyPunkGuy

ArmyPunkGuy

Dec 25, 2006
    WOW thanks guys.....ZON IT IS YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Not until you post a picture it isn't... ;)

18. seansbrew

seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    No pic, no bass

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021