Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Man, I won't be able to sleep tonight...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I let a friend of mine borrow a guitar. Oh, I feel sooo nervous. I mean, I trust him, for the most part, but I definitely don't trust anyone around him. If it does get damaged, I am sure he would replace it if I demanded it, but still... Oh, I feel queasy...

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Dude, don't get paranoid. Like you said if it does get FUBAR, he'll pay for it.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, I may go to prison for making him pay, because if he doesn't, I'll have a sharp sword that I probably would use on him.

This guitar is an instrument I wanted since I first picked one up, back when I was 15. They do not make them anymore, so replacement would be quite expensive. It feels like I let my wife hang out with the guys. I mean, I can trust them, but if anyone did anything, I know I'd be in prison for killing someone.

4. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Yeah, but if he gives you any lip you can beat him with a sack of sweet Velencia Oranges. They won't leave a bruise and it'll let him know who's boss, there's nooo doubt about it.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL

Ooooh, I like it... My wife works in the produce department at a local grocery store. I got the hook up.

6. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    It is just a guitar. Now if you loaned him your bass then you might worry some. :hyper:

tk

7. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Hehe. Tkarter has a point. :bassist:

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    But it's a Danelectro!!!

9. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

HAHAHAHAHA

I'm not the only person who obsessively uses those quotes...

:hyper:

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yes, but in the grand scheme of things, it's just still wood and metal. No need to get out the stabbing scissors just yet.

11. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Time for a Panic Attack.

12. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Read the Brad Johnson Thread again.

NEVER lend instruments to anyone.

Lending your wife is ok, she knows her way home.

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Hey, how about some pics of the guitar? Then some of the crime scene.

14. You should be afraid, be very afraid!

I was in the same predicament. I let an older brother borrow a bass, he wanted to do some recording. I wasn't about to let him use my Lakland, my Ric would have needed to be set up, and I know he would have trouble with a fretless, so I gave him my Padulla. :eek:

Now it wasn't him I was so afraid of, it was his son. He actually had it for quite a few months and when I got it back (I had to ask for it back :rollno: ) it was okay, but the whole time I was wondering "what if"

Now if something did happen, I more than likely would have been up the creek, even a used one is not cheep. What was I thinking!

Good luck. Buy some Unisom or something. ;)

15. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    If you want to loan something of yours out.You should be willing to part with it.

That said there is not a better thing to do than share what you have with someone less better off than you are.

It can and usually will work out to your benefit. Sometimes you will find it did not.

It is all your choice yes and no are two words in any language that are taught early in life to everyone.

IMHO

tk

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I met a guy at jazz camp this summer who lent a bass to a friend who's bassist needed it for a session. The bassist using the the bass got robbed THAT night, and it took years for the original guy to get his bass back.

17. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I got it back tonight. His amp was messing up ,so he didn't end up using it. He dropped it off to me at work. I showed my guitar-playing manager, and he was blown away by it. I like my Danelectro. Now I just need a matching Hodad bass.

18. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    So you will sleep well tonight.

Alls well that ends well.

tk

19. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    See, I don't think I could lend a bass to anyone. Unless I was right there. I may let someone fiddle on it to show them how awesome my modded Squier P can be, but I wouldn't let anyone take one home.

20. As was stated, it's a guitar!

Seriously though... I could never lend out an instrument unless I felt in my heart 100 percent that the person that I would loan it to would do it right.

On the other hand, I would never lend out my RKB900. Ever.