Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Man I'm so bummed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Melf, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I am such a scatterbrain...I was away from my bass for a whole month before Christmas because I left it at my house! Then I could hardly play over Christmas because I've been working and now that I'm finally back at college with my bass and a little free time to spare, I open up my case to find that I've left my cables at my house:mad: Now I won't be able to play until mid-February when my dad comes down to see me and brings them, man...I've never been without my bass for extended periods of time like this and I think I'm going through withdrawal:(

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Why don't you just buy another cable locally?

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    just go buy a crappy cable for like 10 bucks, there has to be a music store around somewhere....

4. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    There's only one shop around here that's extremely overpriced so I don't want to buy from them.

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Hmm... So you could play bass, but you have made the decision that playing bass is not as important as getting a good deal on a cable? That doesn't make sense to me.

If you really are bummed about not being able to play bass the answer is right in front of you. On the other hand, if you also can't be bothered to buy a cable, then I guess you are bringing it on yourself and you won't be getting much sympathy around here.

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    play with out:eek:

7. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I forgot my cable once on a trip to houston, so I went to radio shack to buy a cheapie mono cable. only cost me a couple of bucks.

Stop complaining, or just play it unplugged. It can be done you know!

8. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Hmm I wasn't aware that there were "cheapie" cables you could get at a place like Radio Shack...thanks guys I will look into it.

PS I would play unplugged but it is a Squier and goes out of tune frequently, and I don't have perfect pitch so I can't tune it.

9. Couldn't your dad mail you your cable? It'll fit in an envelope.

10. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    that statement is the most confusing one yet.

:confused: :rolleyes: