Man, I'm so hardcore!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I just watched the Ring. Alone. In the basement. In the dark. At midnight. During a thunderstorm.

I'm so hardcore :cool: :smug:
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Nick Gann > Benjamin Strange.

I've only seen one scary movie since Poltergeist, and that was Event Horizon. I still have nightmares about both.
  3. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I thought Event Horizon was scary too, and that poo poo'd by the critics....:meh: me & Ben are both girlie men
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I love horror/thriller movies. I have since the first one I saw, which was Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I saw that when I was... 9? 10? That might explain some things about me.... :eyebrow:
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I usually don't have trouble with scary movies after the fact and I used to watch them all the time as a kid. However, I found that for some reason I have more tension now before the startle-factor than I used to. Like when you know that the monster is about to jump out or something I feel more tense and I didn't used to get like that. It still doesn't scare me afterwards...I mean the concepts and stuff.

Poltergeist scared the hell outta me as a little kid too though. I had this tree right outside of my window and branches were always rubbing against the window and you could see their shadow through the shade. I was sure that thing was going to come busting through there and take me any minute.

brad cook
  6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

that movie was very ... disturbing .
    not really scary , just ... disturbing . { especially the ending ...}
  7. the ring was supposed to be scary?
    i thought it was kinda weak...
  8. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Yes it is.
  9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    There's one in every crowd.

I haven't seen it actually.

brad cook
  10. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    The good version, or the bad version of the ring?
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I saw the popular one, whichever that is. I liked it, but thought the very end was silly.
  12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I'm kind of lame, I don't watch horror movies (except for the classics, of course). Last horror movie I saw was "Last House on the Left", Wes Craven's first movie. It was more weird and disturbing than scary. I turned it off before it was over.

Congratulations Nick Gann, now try breaking I-beams in half with your whooty whoo.
  13. I've been to the movie theater the other day and saw there would be a ring 2..... :rolleyes:

probably another sequel with a weird where nothing makes sense :scowl:
  14. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you guys are a bunch of wimps, rent (prolly have to buy it) - The Eye

this one is the real deal (has subtitles, so you have to read - the tab version isn't out yet kiddos!)
  15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    One time... this guy yelled at me and it scared me.
  16. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    that happens to me a lot :(
  17. I waited throughout that entire movie waiting for something scary to happen.

I wanted to wet my pants.

The last time I actually screamed in fright at a movie was in 3rd grade during the movie Foul Play with Chevy Chase. There was this albino dude chasing them through a library. It scared me. I haven't seen it since. I don't even know if it really was scary.
  18. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i enjoyed the ring, but didnt find it all too scary. the ending came as about as close to scary as that movie could get. if i dont want to sleep at night, i'll just throw in The Excorcist DVD with the subliminal pictures. fun stuff.
  19. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Dude that midget was scarier than the albino. That movie scared me too when I was a little kid. I like it now though.

brad cook
  20. jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.