Warwick selling out???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joel, Jan 25, 2003.

1. joel

joel Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Dont get me wrong , i have Streamer Stage II myself, but I was just looking at some of the new models like the vampyre. Man that thing looks horrible IMO.Although that bleached thumb looks very nice!!!

Just wondering what fellow tbers opinions are!!!

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    They've definitley devalued themselves as a company in my estimation. I'm just not thrilled with the type of basses they're coming out with now.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    They've been "selling out" since the 90s, when they decided to become really big.

A friend of mine has a 87 Warwick Streamer and it's the only Warwick I've played that I'd buy in a second.
  4. Has anyone else noticed that the Warwick necks seem to be a tiny bit thinnner than they used to be? I can play their 4's EASILY now and can manage a 5, and I when I first put my hands on a Warwick, the neck seemed like a baseball bat to me.
  5. I dont have enough criteria to judge Warwick, but that vampyre bass is indeed, for my taste, a monstrousity... Horrible bass IMO.. I can't believe it's related to Warwick.
  6. I hear ya, Luis. That thing has Bc Rich plastic crap written all over it :confused:

¿Dé dónde eres en el México? ¿Eres de la ciudad Guadalajara, o una otra lugar en el país?

My Spanish sucks....
  7. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Thou shalt not blaphemy thy B.C. Rich, heathen scum! :p

B.C. Rich == good pointy.

Warwick == atrocity
  8. maybe your hands are bigger.
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

the wenge boards aren't quite as thick as they used to be. that doesn't cut down on the size of the neck a lot, but it's definitely noticeable.
  10. LOL.. Soy mas bien originario de el Estado de Sonora, pero estoy viviendo en Guadalajara.
  11. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    I take German :(

In regards to the Vampyre: At least its a limited run bass.
  12. warwick didn't sell out: they bought in.
  13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yep. I think that's the definitive statement here. They are trying to appeal to a broader market here. I don't think they sold out. I think the upper end lines--SSII, Infinity, Buzzard, Dolphin, etc.--will continue to be excellent. They may not be the dream machines they were just a few years ago, but they are still incredible, and I would love to have one. As for the Vampyre--it just seems like they are trying to appeal to the fans of a type of music which has bass players who are embracing Warwicks now. They offer the Vampyre LTD to give more legitimacy to the Rockbass model. Maybe some artist will want to play the Vampyre, so in turn, all the young fans of that artist will buy the Rockbass version.
    Just my 1/50th of $1.
  14. herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    and what about the thumb??????

the thumb is one of the greastest basses and one of the first basses that came out! (not the bolt on)
  15. I kinda like the Vampyre, cuz it'll probably sound better than a BC Rich...sorry:) . But i did the dual-violin side cutaways...