1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Man killed while trying to create Bigfoot sighting

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Unrepresented, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Let's be fair, this could've happened to any of us.:meh:

2. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    I was reading this earlier, those poor girls (15 and 17) will be traumatized for life because of this dumbass stunt. :(

3. Or, have a great story to tell their kids in 20 years how they 'killed Bigfoot.'

4. Obviously he didn't realize the Gillie suit was for camofluage. Of course they hit him, he was in stealth mode.

5. Internet Police

Internet Police

Sep 4, 2011
    And the Darwin Award goes to....

6. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I had read about this earlier as well. Geez.. running around in the dark with a ghillie suit in Montana... if no one ran him over, someone was bound to shoot his arse.
    These poor girls are going to be shaken up by this for a long time I'd wager

7. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Makes me wonder if the media just assumed thats what he was doing. There are alot of those miltia types roaming around out there, could have just been one of those ding bats playing war games.

8. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    I mean what do you do if you're a kid and think you've just run over bigfoot? Drive like hell? Wait in the car for help to arrive? Walk up to it and poke it with a stick? This must have been a very confusing and traumatizing accident scene for all involved.

And yet it makes me laugh, what kind of sickos have we become? :D

9. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    "Tenley was struck by vehicles driven by two girls, ages 15 and 17, who were unable to stop in time, authorities said."

They let 15 year olds drive in Montana?

10. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Wondering the same thing Norton

11. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    14+ supposedly

ironically a .uk site but here you go:

http://www.2pass.co.uk/ages2.htm

12. +1

13. I dated a girl briefly last year who accidentally killed a guy on a bike when she was 16 (he pulled out in front of her). She was vilified on the news and still refused to drive years later.

14. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    First thing that came to mind when I read it. I'll be surprised if this guy doesn't get nominated.

15. Yeah... drunk in a ghille suit running around in the woods in the dark is a pretty solid nomination at least.

16. OK, maybe I'm stating the obvious, but a ghillie suit looks NOTHING like Bigfoot. More like Swamp Thing, or Jordie Varrell.

17. Surely you at least remember what it was like to make poor, idiotic, drunk decisions.

18. If there was any doubt, drinking and picking your Bigfoot disguise do NOT mix.
    :rolleyes:

19. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Darwin award nominee?

20. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008