1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

man made fretless

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by flanken, Jul 8, 2001.

1. I had an old mexican fender p bass that was my first guitar, and I decided to take the frets off. I'm going to go to the hardware store today to get something to fill in the gaps, but I really don't have any idea what I'm doing. After filling in the gaps probably I should sand it correct? And if so, what kind of sandpaper, because I don't want to ruin the neck. Any tips or pointers from people who have done this before or seen/heard/know about how to do it give me some advice please :)
    peace

brian ||||

2. Welcome to TalkBass Franken!...

The horse has kinda left the barn there Franken, dontcha think? Next time you might want to ask first then proceed with a major alteration such as this.

Look down a few posts and find the ones about making a fretless, then read the links included in the discussions. There are at least 2 complete "how-to's" listed that will tell you what you need. If THAT isn't enough, do a search and you'll find even more.