Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

man made fretless

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by flanken, Jul 8, 2001.

1. I had an old mexican fender p bass that was my first guitar, and I decided to take the frets off. I'm going to go to the hardware store today to get something to fill in the gaps, but I really don't have any idea what I'm doing. After filling in the gaps probably I should sand it correct? And if so, what kind of sandpaper, because I don't want to ruin the neck. Any tips or pointers from people who have done this before or seen/heard/know about how to do it give me some advice please :)
    peace

brian ||||

2. Welcome to TalkBass Franken!...

The horse has kinda left the barn there Franken, dontcha think? Next time you might want to ask first then proceed with a major alteration such as this.

Look down a few posts and find the ones about making a fretless, then read the links included in the discussions. There are at least 2 complete "how-to's" listed that will tell you what you need. If THAT isn't enough, do a search and you'll find even more.