Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Man or Astro-Man?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, May 19, 2002.

1. I just got their album "Eeviac" today out of curiousity after reading an interview with their guitarist in an old Guitar Player. I must say that they have a really weird and sometimes abstract sound...like surf music from outer space. Does anyone else have an opinion of them or can recommend anymore albums by them?

2. I love these guys! I have 3 of their albums. I like how they work in the old sci-fi movie soundclips and sound effects in their songs.

Experiment Zero is probably my favorite. It has a great Talking Heads cover, 'Television Man', and 'Test Driver' is probably my favorite track on the disc.

Project Infinity is the first one I bought, and it's pretty good too. Their cover of 'Manta Ray' by The Pixies is my favorite on that one.

1000X is more of an EP, it only has 7 songs on it.

That's all I've been able to find at my local record store. They're supposed to have an insane live show too, from what I've heard, but I've never seen them.

3. Hmm, I'll have to check those out. I heard they're on hiatus though and they're not planning on touring anytime soon.

4. I saw them in Atlanta about 8 or 10 years ago. Pretty wacky. They were all dressed in spacesuits and they had big, fake rocks on stage, like some kind of lunar landscape, and a bunch of TVs playing science fiction movies, and then static. Musically, they were tight, if a bit repetitive.