Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Man pees way out of avalanche!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Jan 28, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Man peed way out of avalanche

A Slovak man trapped in his car under an avalanche freed himself by drinking 60 bottles of beer and urinating on the snow to melt it.

Rescue teams found Richard Kral drunk and staggering along a mountain path four days after his Audi car was buried in the Slovak Tatra mountains.

He told them that after the avalanche, he had opened his car window and tried to dig his way out.

But as he dug with his hands, he realised the snow would fill his car before he managed to break through.

He had 60 half-litre bottles of beer in his car as he was going on holiday, and after cracking one open to think about the problem he realised he could urinate on the snow to melt it, local media reported.

He said: "I was scooping the snow from above me and packing it down below the window, and then I peed on it to melt it. It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there."

Parts of Europe have this week been hit by the heaviest snowfalls since 1941, with some places registering more than ten feet of snow in 24 hours.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1261997.html?menu

2. Long Leak Malt Liquor

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Heh, well I'll be damned..

4. Well I'm gonna make sure I carry boxes of beer when I go skiing

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm pretty sure this is a classic example of having one's cake (or beer) and eating (or, you know, drinking) it, too.

6. He has survived a terrible ordeal.

May pees be upon him. :bag:

Get outta here! :p

Mike :D

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wow.

8. I ALWAYS knew that beer is good for you :D

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow...I had to check and make sure that wasn't a link to The Onion. That sounds like a Simpsons story line.

brad cook

10. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    This must surely make the McKenzie Brothers proud. :D

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is great!:D He is lucky he didn't get alcohol poisoning. I'm also surprised that he didn't pass out before he made his way out of the snow.

12. FenderBassp

FenderBassp

Nov 14, 2004

why didn't he just pour the beer into the ice? It would be faster consider the oxygen and the light from thae battery.

13. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    you beat me to it! I was just about to post it. :p
    Makes me proud to be of Slovak descent. :D

14. Ah yes...

... drinking beer and peeing. Not only is it fun, it could save your damn life!!!!

15. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Man! I just read this, and was going to post a thread about it. I was beaten to it. Anyway, it's freaking hilarious. I'm always carrying 5 12-packs with me when I drive from now on.

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Never...ever dump out beer...unless there's a gun to head!

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I guess his thinking was "Either I'm gonna pee my way outta here or I'm gonna die happy!"

brad cook

18. Eeeeuuuurp.

That's what I would've done. :)

19. See, I always said that keg in the trunk would come in handy…

(of course if it were CrudSh!te, it would have been frozen solid, and therefore totally useless… :meh: )

- Wil

20. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Now there's a man who knows his liver exists.