Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Man playing the right way...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 01dsk001, Aug 26, 2005.

1. is work and fun.
    I started playing bass at age 15, played for 2 years and then stopped for quite awhile. I started back about a year ago, I am now 30, and I decided that I wanted to learn to really play.
    When I was 15 I played rock music and would ride the root to the ground. Now I am spending as much, if not more time one my theory as I am my playing. Come to find out that I already did alot of the things that I am learning, just didn't know it.

I have to admit, I am having more fun now learning to play the right way than I did just filling in the wall of sound.
    I am lucky in the fact that I am best friends with a really good drummer (we call him the human metronome) and get to jam with him for parts of my practice.

I really want to thank everyone on here that has taken the time to write articles and practice techniques as they have been a huge help. Unfortunately my crazy work schedule keeps me away from a teacher right now.

Thanks again and keep it LOW