1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Man playing the right way...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 01dsk001, Aug 26, 2005.

1. is work and fun.
    I started playing bass at age 15, played for 2 years and then stopped for quite awhile. I started back about a year ago, I am now 30, and I decided that I wanted to learn to really play.
    When I was 15 I played rock music and would ride the root to the ground. Now I am spending as much, if not more time one my theory as I am my playing. Come to find out that I already did alot of the things that I am learning, just didn't know it.

I have to admit, I am having more fun now learning to play the right way than I did just filling in the wall of sound.
    I am lucky in the fact that I am best friends with a really good drummer (we call him the human metronome) and get to jam with him for parts of my practice.

I really want to thank everyone on here that has taken the time to write articles and practice techniques as they have been a huge help. Unfortunately my crazy work schedule keeps me away from a teacher right now.

Thanks again and keep it LOW