1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Man Purses: Euro Chic or Pepe Le Femme?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by soulgeezer, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Camera

+ Phone

+ Organizer

+ Mixer

+ 2 Pen Condensers

+ 2 XLRs

+ 2 Power Cables

+ Tuner

+ Metronome

+ 1" Three Ring Binder

+ Organized
    =================
    The need for what you guys are calling a "man-purse". I use one and totally condone it.

The satchel has organized my life. So how do you guys actually tote stuff around that you're using? Plastic shopping bags?

2. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    For the record, here's the one I use.

[​IMG]

Targus makes great products.

3. Nice purse! :p

4. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    looks kinda like a school bag or something ud put a laptop into or even an overnight bag. emmm

5. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Atoz is my hero.

When I need to carry extra stuff, this is what I use:

5430t.jpg

Mine is Vietnam-era, actually used in combat, found at a swap meet. NOT Staples.

6. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    It is actually a laptop bag, big enough to house a 17" monitor too. With padded pockets. So, a camera/ipod/phone won't get crushed; or fall around loose in a briefcase.

7. Naw DOOD, stolen milk crates from the local grocer, because it's cool to steal too! AND< everyone will know you're a man if you walk in yer gear in a milk crate. :rollno:

This place has gotten ridiculous.

8. Nice compartmented purse.

9. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit

In my hardened, callused hands.

10. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Man this thread delivers!!!

And by the way, if it can't fit in my pockets for every day normal trips into town, then I don't need it. End of discussion.

11. Actually, Mon Rominee . . . that was not directed at you or anyone else in particular, but rather to whomever . . . just a take-off on the old expression "if the shoe fits . . ."

Personally, methinks thou protests too much . . . a little too touchy - touchy, aren't we? . . . latent tendencies, perhaps??? :eyebrow:

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your tender toes :rolleyes:

12. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Hmm, does anybody else see the handbag ad on this page?

13. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I usually use this one...

Attached Files:

14. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    I think the man law should be amended to include messenger/courier bags.

Backpacks just SCREAM "tourist" around here. Students aside, the only people I see wearing backpacks are the people who wear socks with their sandles and carry a map and bottle of water everywhere. Messenger bags don't carry that same stigma, at least around these parts.

15. Not at all, I just don't like "old expressions" that are meant to be derogatory for no good reason only than to offend /jocular humor... it gets old quick...and I didn't think we fostered this type of stuff here...hence the rules. And maybe I "protest" so much because this exact thread came up before, and was just as rediculous. You know how it goes, one idea, a couple yahoos, a thousand mee-too's, and the whole thing gets to be a bit much.

As for the "latent tendencies" quip, ask yourself the same thing, using them homophobic phrases, newbie. I'm secure in my sexuality, as much as I am with using a damn bag if I like.

16. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    A) You are dead-on balls accurate in your assessment of derogatory terms used on TB, for any purpose. It's not appropriate and such activity should not be engaged in.

B) This thread was created as a result of two other threads that were running yesterday, one about men's hair styles and another about men's shoes. Somebody said, "All we need now is a thread about men's purses!" and I obliged by creating this thread. It was a joke playing off two other jokes. It should be funny and lighthearted, but NOT used as an excuse to bash anybody.

See, now if I wanted to bash *you*, I'd be much more inclined to make fun of your French-sounding user name. :eek: Being French is so much more of an offense against manhood than carrying a purse. ;) Of course, if you're French, you probably not only carry a purse, but eat cheese and delicate sauces while sitting around in your favorite panty hose!

But, I am not here to bash the French. It's no fun, anyway -- They just surrender and then there's nothing left to do but eat some snails and wear a beret. :p

(Oh, where's morf when you need him?????)

17. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    :smug:

Soulgeezer is gud.

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Ooooh, now I totally get it. So what you're saying is "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

bc

19. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    But bc is better. :smug:

20. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    I would never claim to be the equal of the Qintar. I bow down before him and stand in awe of the greatness that is he...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021