Man Teachers really get me PO'd!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassplayer1494, May 15, 2012.

1. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    You're being mighty presumptuous. They have a job with set responsibilities and things that have to get done. They also have a boss that they report to with certain expectations. You and 100 kids like you all expecting a 2 minute (more like 5 minute) phone call adds up. Even if it's just 10 kids that 50 minutes out of their day. And for what? To go out of their way to cover for YOUR mistakes and irresponsibility?

2. Thanks man, it's nice to have someone who agrees with me. But we all have our opinions and i respect them even though i dont really agree with them.

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000

4. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Change. The sooner the better. Don't just shrug your shoulders and accept it as 'how I am'. You need to learn how to deal with your own problems. What are you going to do when you have an issue with your boss in the future, have your dad talk to him? :eyebrow:

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Why should they have to cover for your mistake? They already have a job, and I'll bet "cover for BP1494" is not part of the job description. Phone calls in that kind situation almost never take only 2 minutes. Also, you're not just wasting the time of the school employees, but also the doctor's office staff who have to hunt down the information (pull your file, verify that you were in the office that day, replace the file, etc.). I would bet a return phone call would have to be made from the doctor's office back to the school. If someone on either end isn't available to take the call, then a message has to be left, and now you're involving another person and more time. It's possible that it could be handled with one 2 minute call, but in the real world, it's not very likely.

6. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I for one like BurningSkies. He's one of the nicest guys on TB. Don't know how you've come to this conclusion.

7. Hey im a forgetful person, im not afraid to admit it. It happens. I probably should have grabbed a note but i forgot to. Ill learn someday.

8. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Yes, absolutely.
    You're 17 - you thinking about college? In college you will be your own "boss". No one's going to chase you around and take care of you, wipe your nose when you sneeze, etc etc. It's best to man up now, and start getting proactive with stuff. It DOES NOT matter who's right or wrong, it just is what it is.
    Keep being proactive and responsible with things and it'll get to be a habit - a very very good habit.

9. Mean while in Africa

10. the doc's office is open until 5 and their is always a secretary there. It doesn't take too much time to pull up the sign in sheet from the previous day but a fax would be more convenient

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I think he, like any of us here, may be capable of making the occasional snide remark, but he seems like a good guy.
    Ive never gotten the impression that he's trolling for arguments sake.

12. Irrelevant.

13. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    You seem to have engrained into your head that because you've accepted flaws in your personality that others should as well. It doesn't work like that. Being forgetful results in consequences that may be detrimental to you. If you've come to accept that, then you should come to accept the consequences as well. Being passive and letting your dad handle your problems. Personality flaws are not 'who you are' they are things getting in the way of making you a better person. It's healthier and more mature to compensate and try to change them than to just accept them.

14. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    See, now you're doing exactly what my son does - coming up with an 'excuse" or an "out" for everything. No no no no, it doesn't work that way dude. YOU and only you are in charge of your life and responsibilities.

15. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    For the record, teachers hate helicopter parents, which is what your father is being right here.

16. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Then it shouldn't take much time for you to correct your own mistakes and retrieve it yourself. It goes both ways you know.

17. I can change my ways, its hard but if prompted to i know i can do it. For the most part i got my life in order. However, more often than not i tend to slip up and forget things. I have a lot on my plate right now in life and i know it doesn't get easier. But i can do it if i really set my mind to it.

18. Probably shouldn't.

...but for all the questions he answered BEFORE leaving he should be accurately scored and given credit. I can understand not letting him complete the test, but giving him a zero for the work he had already done is just a power trip.

19. And im sure helicopter parents hate teachers for hating helicopter parents in the first place. :)

You know how hard it is to get a teacher to listen to a student in my school? Most the time they just blow us off. So i dont care if im not fighting this battle, id rather have a seasoned vet do it for me right now. If i had a kid Id do the same for him if he was in this situation

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Thats a decent perspective, I would only amend that you shouldnt have to be prompted to, you should take the responsibility to prompt yourself.
    Your mind should always be set on improving your condition/character and making yourself be the best person that you can be, regardless of how much is on your plate.
    Youre right, in that it doesnt get easier, in fact it'll only get harder as you move on from high school and your responsibility to yourself, and to your fellow man increases.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021