Man these new olps sound awesome!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StErLiNgBaSsIsT, Oct 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StErLiNgBaSsIsT

StErLiNgBaSsIsT Guest

Oct 13, 2001
    I just bought the olp Stingray 5 the other day it sounds great. It was the same sound as the musicman stingray 5. Just for a bargain. Even though i use the sterling basses, My guitar player in my band said i neded a five string the octave pedal just wasn't cutting it. So i favor the stingray 5 as being one of the best 5 strings made, So i was looking in musicians friend and saw the olp bass, When i saw the price of 250 bucks, i said "Man, that incredible" and i didn't wanna spend 5 gigs worth of money on the musicman. So i bought the olp, It sounded great, it gets great sound, I say its even better for slapping(better than the warwick thumb5 for sure). And if your that recording type person, they make a perfect match, olp all the way( i hope they make a sterling )

~john rufino~
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Sorry but..
    Are YOU NUTS?

Welcome to Talkbass!!
  3. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Welcome to TB,

where on the internet I could find any info about thoses basses???? never heard of them before...
  4. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ive only heard bad things about the OLP ray5. The B was supposed to be like a shoelace. But if you like it, thats good...
  5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Probably because a floppy b-string RuLz for tHaT cLiCkInG sOuNd. :p
  6. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    yeahhh.... o.....k.....? I am glad that you are enjoying the five string..... I don't know what else to say....

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm sure that the OLP 5 is great for copping those FiElDy LiNeZ.
  8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I dont know what to say really. i cant tell if its a joke or for real. ....maybe a little of both? they might be good for the price.....but it beating a ANY warwick? WHA?
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I think that someone has been smoking cRaCk.
  10. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    sOmEoNe MuSt LiKe fIeLdY a lOt... I kNoW tHaT aNy pPl wHo lIkE tHa fLoPpY b sTrInG mUsT bE sOmE cRaZy pEePz...
  11. Um, no offense, but I'm a little dubious about the credibility of a bassist who runs out and buys a new bass because his guitar player tells him to anyway.
  12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Welcome to Talkbass, SB.

I am not even gonna comment on the OLP 5 vs. the 'Ray 5 comparison. I A/B'd them 2 weeks ago and GC, so I know what the differences are.

I really don't see that this thread is going very far, though, and SB seems to have left. All I can see happening here is more flaming.

Thread closed. Feel free to PM me if you disagree with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.