1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Man, why can I never be satisfied???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Holy War, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    My GAS list right now is pretty hefty. As of 2 weeks from now, Ill own 2 Stingrays, an 08 Jazz a Mesa BB750, a mesa PH1200, and a Mesa 4x10

Im still gassing though for a Rick 4003, a SVT VR, and SVT 8x10. Ill probably want to add another bass to the mix as well by the end of the summer.

Its not like Im caught up all in GAS, Im playing in 2 bands and have a very hectic band schedule for the entire summer. I practice all the time and love what I have, but man, its like Im never ever satisfied.

Anyone else deal with this? I just wish it would stop and that i would be happy with what I have (not that Im not, I just want more)

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Im in the effects craze at the moment, and without a job, its a hard GAS to solve!

3. Mikio

Mikio

Feb 21, 2009
    Santiago de Chile
    I guess I'd only be ""GAS free"" if I had an endorsement deal with a signature bass or something like that XD

4. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    i will NEVER have enough stingrays. never ever. i like the ones i have, but there's ALWAYS another color to get...

you're in good company friend, and look at it this way: at least all that gear you're acquiring is being put to good use. life is too short!

5. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    I'm fine with the gear I have. I guess I'm a rarity around here.

Sure, more basses would be cool I guess, but I only seem to use the same two or three P basses, so what's the point? ;)

6. Talkbass is made of GAS. Can't you smell it? :D

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    You've got nice gear, but it's a disease. It can't really ever be satisfied, there's always "one more thing". Not me though, I'm done.

8. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    since most men are visual, it is all about scouting what you think that you need. In reality it makes you lust for those things that you do not have and makes you jones for the things that you see (that you may not be able to get)

9. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I have over a dozen basses and just bought a '77 Jazz today. GAS is a sickness!;):D