1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mancard, Schmancard

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mellowinman, Jul 24, 2012.

1. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Oh sure; I've broken my spine AND collarbone in a motorcycle accident, and didn't even know about the two spine fractures for years, but then again, the bike was a Honda Rebel, and I had been riding maybe two years, and I laid it down in some sand, going under 35 mph, while trying to avoid a big manhole cover.

And yeah; I've sustained numerous head injuries, to the point that I wonder why I even started this thread, but I almost broke down and cried over a sick molar once.

And hell; I built this scaffolding by myself, and climbed up it, and jumped around like a monkey up there, fixing the roof and a lightening rod,

108a.

but I had a guy who does roofing for a living laughing at me, saying how he would've just used ladders.

A lot of you men like a cold beer; I'm happy with an iced cappuccino.

I like poetry, and Bach, and a nice walk in the rain, and I'm not the least bit afraid to talk about my feelings, or watch a chick flick, even when there's no chick in the room.

I like a nice fluffy kitten, and a good bit of music, or sad scene in a movie can make me cry, even if it's just the scene in "Lady and the Tramp" where Lady thinks Tramp is bad. (he's NOT; he's a GOOD BOY.)

A man is manly when he's treating his wife or girlfriend well; raising his kids; in short, when he's doing something to make this world a better place.

There's a whole lot of men out there that are more manly than me, and I'm not talking about burly fighters; drinkers and daredevils, not that any one of those guys couldn't be manly, too.

I don't carry a "man card," and if I had one, I'd throw it in, for the Queen of Hearts, who Don Henley once told me was my best bet.

So yeah, I got ya man card riight heah.

You gotta problem wit dat?

2. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

The spaghetti scene always gets to me.

Attached Files:

1.jpg
      File size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I lost mine buying tampons...

No, but really don't take the man card thing too seriously :)
    After all, if I myself actually did take it seriously, do you think I would ever fess up to you bunch of bass-playing freaks that I bought the wife tampons knowing what the outcome would be? Pff mancard shmancard. I'm a dad to three kids, I don't have the luxury of a mancard..
    Right. Now I'm off to play Gi Joes with my youngest son..

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Thats instant reinstatement activity if ever there was one.

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Anything done that leads to getting laid is justifiable under Man Card rules. Although buying tampons probably didn't get you laid right then and there, I'm guessing your wife was thankful for your efforts and rewarded you properly at an appropriate time. Man Card saved.

6. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    You know the drill well :)

7. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Yup.

8. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Never had any kids or signed any legally binding documetation of my love and undying devotion. Never wanted to. Does it make me less of a man? Not important in my opinion. In the words of Perry Farrell, "I wanna be more like the ocean. No talking and all action." Idealistic yes, but a lofty goal nonetheless.

9. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Back in the very manly eighties, I wore platform shoes, bell-bottom pants and a big feather earring, and I lived with possibly the hottest woman in the entire city. She sent me out to get NYLONS, and when the clerk looked at me disapprovingly, I said, "they're not for ME," and as the skeptical look crossed his face, I said, "they're for my BOYFRIEND."

To any gay men reading this, I apologize.

It was a long time ago.

10. bassfran

bassfran

Mar 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Endorsing artist: Lakland basses
    Mellow,
    I like the cut of your jib, Sir.

Keep on rockin' in the free world.

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Did your head injury cause you to accidentally post your OK Cupid profile? :eyebrow:

:D

12. LOL!

Anyway, I hold the record 'round these parts for most times having a mancard taken. Get on my level :D!

13. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Pennsylvania
    This morning, someone in another thread mentioned that they were waiting for the Talkbass Dating Forum. When I read the first post here, I thought it was now open!

14. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I wish you guys would quit hitting on me.

It'll go right to my head!

15. KCLRbass

KCLRbass

Sep 5, 2011
    Toronto
    Can yuppie douches still hold mancards? If so, I think I'm safe.

16. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    We're beta testing right now.

17. I thought we did this already...

I play Barbie'sHotWheelsLittlePetShop often. Well I get to help set all of it up then I get asked to leave after a few minutes cause im "not doing it right"

Man card pfffft... Didn't know I needed one...

18. gttim

gttim

Dec 12, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I had to take a man card a few weeks ago. Guy was quoting "Bridget Jones Diary." I would never have known except he said "It makes me think of BJD and the line..." Anything else mentioned in this thread is fine. But quoting BJD? No.

19. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    :rolleyes:

I look at that picture and think.....what a waste of lumber and time. ;)

20. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

DAMMIT MAKI!!! Morning time = coffee time... coffee + monitor + keyboard = IT dept is not happy with me !! ( forget the fact that you posted yesterday and I'm just now reading this.... :ninja: )