Mandatory new bass thread: Fretless 'Vette.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tryxx, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Tryxx

Tryxx Sputnik Forums: Bass Mod

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    Guitar Center treated me very well. I got this puppy, plus a six string set of D'Addario's all for $975 with tax. As soon as it got into the store the "bass guy" there strung some new flats on it, this was two days ago. Now it's mine and it plays like a dream. Electronics upgrades will come, but far later. I'm thinking Nordstrand and Aggie.

2. Hm... why change the electronics? Usually, they are the reason why people buy 'wicks.

Congratulations in any case.
  3. Tryxx

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    Wasn't really my reason, I love the way it plays. I think the neck fills just great. I think I'd like more of a vintage tone though, so that's where the Nordstrands come in. I'm not going for a whole lot of growl with this bass. Mind you though, I don't think the MEC's are as bad as some people claim.

Thank you very much, though! :D
  4. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I used to have the same model. It´s a terrific bass with tons of mwah. One of the best fretless I´ve ever player (I gotta admit I haven´t played many). I had it strung with D´addario rounds and sounded killer. Enjoy it.
  5. nicatterberry

Jun 20, 2005
    I demand a family pic Tryxx.
  6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Those fretless Corvettes are great, I have seriously consdered one a few times myself. GC gets a bad rep, but I have gotten some great deals there from time to time. Heck, you can get good deals at Wal-Mart too! :D
  7. Tom

Sep 7, 2005
    Davis, CA
    Very nice choice, sir. Of the fretlesses I've had my hands on lately, the passive Corvette is by far my favorite. :bassist:
  8. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I've got that same bass!! For the money they're hard to beat...
    Enjoy it.

9. Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    not entirely, the woods they use attribute a lot to the sound, personally I think the sound is much improved on with a set of Bartolini's, or Duncans. IMHO :)
  10. Tryxx

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    Hah, I'll try and get one up tomorrow. Thanks for the praise everyone!